View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The Path Blaster with all upgrades (specifically the lucky shot I think its called) is an impressive beasty too!

I have enjoyed the weapons a lot in this game. Quite varied and mostly useful.

Except for the Corruptor. I still need to get all the blueprints too, not finished yet!
    The Corruptor is good fun, and very useful when you get a pair of shotgun guys on your tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Smashed out some more yesterday, got stuck on the coronation section with Megatron. Why? Because I was having fun with the acid gun and that was the heavy weapon I got stuck with. The generators just kept giving me shields, which is great, but you still to shoot the enemies.

Finally knocked off the shotgun guys and those blasted jumpy punch guys rocked up. Great, but my two weapons were (again) the acid gun and the riot cannon. The riot cannon doesn't seem as effective against the jumpy guys. It made me RAGE so much. I died countless times, all because of those blasted generators not giving me something useful!!

Does anyone else think the riot cannon is a little bit over powered? I've stuck primarily with that for most of the campaign coz you don't even need to hit the enemy most of the time, just blast the ground and you can take out groups.

Starscream's level is fun! ha ha ha!
    Yeah, the riot cannon does seem a bit overpowered compared to all the other light weapons - but I love it! Especially when you supe it up!

I found with the coronation section with Megatron that the gun that makes enemies fight each other (whatever the hell it's called) was very handy as it made all the other enemies gang up on that bot and leave me the hell alone for a breather to regenerate my shield. Also quite handy when the 3 jumpers show up

13 audiologs left to go and few blueprints left.

Anyone know where every single one is?

Finished the game. Gotta say i enjoyed it alot. Unlocked the glass gun at the end. Not sure if its a gun you get to use in the game. Will play it again on hard mode. Final level was great. Soundwaves was great. Loved going up to laserbeak with megatron to interact with him heh. All the quotes from the animated movie was cool too.

Just started Grimlocks chapter. I wasn't sure how I would find that as I like to shoot as opposed to using melee to fight but I love smashing everything

I did enjoy being Bruticus but I thought they could of dragged it out a bit longer.

Megatrons level has probably been my favourite. I loved the coronation scene. After playing the game I really want the combaticons now!
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Just started Grimlocks chapter. I wasn't sure how I would find that as I like to shoot as opposed to using melee to fight but I love smashing everything

I did enjoy being Bruticus but I thought they could of dragged it out a bit longer.

Megatrons level has probably been my favourite. I loved the coronation scene. After playing the game I really want the combaticons now!
    I too wish some of the levels were longer, but was enjoyable. Can't wait for my bruticus either lol. Was fun changing factions through the last mission. And starscreams coronation scene was great. A great throwback to the fans, most non fans wouldn't get the reference.

Hasbro, please drop the 'aligned continuity' bullshit...there is no cohesive and convincing way for these 2 very distinct universes to coexist.

372 'G1' references vs 2 'Transformers Prime' references.

Sat down and played it yesterday... took about 8-10 hours.

Did the easy setting of course, to get a fun play out of it before having to redo it twice later for the other two "completion" trophies.
    (I wonder if it has the same flaw as WFC, in that completing just the last chapter on "hard" earns you all three completion trophies - I tried playing the last chapter on "Hard", and damn it was so hard, I had to go back to "Easy" just to get the game finished)
    I'll have to play more of the game to upgrade everything else in the Teletraan-1 store, to improve my chances on the Hard setting.

Game wasn't too bad... but felt like a bit of a retelling of the original Gen1 departure story (if that cartoon was re-done today), which made it even harder to accept that this was part of the TFPrime universe. If anything, it made the WFC universe MORE Gen1.

Colouring was an improvement on WFC, which was a bit boring visually from all the metal... but adding in the Sea of Rust and the Insecticons Lair, we got more diverse colours this time.

Probably the one thing I was disappointed about was the lack of a big surprise. I mean, people are venting that they were seeing spoilers being revealed on other sites, but nothing spoiler-ish happened that wasn't already revealed in the trailers and promo/advertising (or in the Exodus book... as in the creation of the Nemesis). HighMoon left us with no surprises in the game.
    I was near the end of the game when Bruticus was attacking again, and thinking... we got Aerialbots... maybe they form Superion as the spoilerish-surprise. But no, nothing surprising ends up happening.

Technical flaws - as noted by others, the game does freeze up a bit when a large number of the enemy is on screen (Grimlock taking on the Insecticons). And twice in the early levels, my character got stuck (couldn't move in robot mode, despite nothing around to block it), forcing me to jump or transform to get unstuck.

A lot of weapons and gadgets to use, and it will take a lot of re-playing to earn enough energon shards to buy & upgrade everything in the Teletraan-1 store (to earn that trophy, and make it easier to play the "hard" setting). And then once everything is bought, you gotta rate everything in there to earn another trophy.
    When you gain access to Megatron's fusion (Riot) cannon, it is certainly the only gun you need to use. It was powerful in WFC, and still was in this one.
    The secondary guns were rarely used, and I ended up settling on using the thermo launcher cannon most of the time.

I played the first level before I went into the Playstation store to redeem the pre-order bonus items. When I did, the Gen1 Optimus and Gen2 Bruticus were now options on the Chapter Select screen (you could choose which version to play in their level). Hearing the "retro" gun was funny, but I didn't end up using it yet in combat, in case it wasn't a powerful enough weapon.
    After about the 2nd or 3rd chapter, I stopped buying the extra TECH items, as I never ended up using them, or was too caught up in the pressure of conflict to remember too use them.

The Autobot symbol moulded into the back of Cliffjumper was odd, as it was like a face looking at me while I was playing. And Starscream had the Decepticon symbol moulded into his back too.

Soundwave's voice sounded wrong... It didn't sound like WFC Soundwave.
    And Shockwave just doesn't sound as imposing without the deep resonating tone of the Gen1 Shockwave.

Still got a lot left to do in the game - campaign trophies, play Escalation and earn that trophy, and play the Multiplayer games (plus those trophies - some of which will be hard to get).

I looked on the leaderboards for the MP games, and even though the game has only been out about 4 days, there is already one person with almost 48 HOURS of game time!

Does anyone else think it is ironic/stupid that if the TECH items weren't allocated to two of the directional buttons on the left of the game-pad, they aren't used at all... despite you needing up/down controlling of your aerial alt-modes. Why use the symbols on the right, when you have up & down buttons on the left that NEVER gets used at all in the game.

And that bugs me too (talking about game-pad controls).... they used the button for dispensing mines (in WFC) to swap the gun between the hands in this game. So it took me until near the end of the game to realise that Mines were now TECH items, and needed the TECH button (left arrow) to dispense them. Something I will have to remember when swapping between WFC (for Escalation) & FOC games.

Those SDCC Combaticons aren't as game-accurate with the colourings after all. Still a lot closer than the eye-sore fluro colours of the regular retail ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Those SDCC Combaticons aren't as game-accurate with the colourings after all. Still a lot closer than the eye-sore fluro colours of the regular retail ones though.
    Was that their intent though? I thought SDCC Bruticus was just a nod to G1
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sat down and played it yesterday... took about 8-10 hours.

Did the easy setting of course, to get a fun play out of it before having to redo it twice later for the other two "completion" trophies.
    (I wonder if it has the same flaw as WFC, in that completing just the last chapter on "hard" earns you all three completion trophies - I tried playing the last chapter on "Hard", and damn it was so hard, I had to go back to "Easy" just to get the game finished)
    I'll have to play more of the game to upgrade everything else in the Teletraan-1 store, to improve my chances on the Hard setting.

Still got a lot left to do in the game - campaign trophies, play Escalation and earn that trophy, and play the Multiplayer games (plus those trophies - some of which will be hard to get).

Difficulty trophies stack, so if you finish the game on hard, you get the difficulty trophies for normal and easy (i started on hard and finished it on hard all the way), also the change difficulty function works as well, read this on a forum.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tra...-spoilers.html

Also i have invested about 4hrs into multiplayer escalation, which i started of disliking, but ended up loving it, it really does force you to work as a team and no one acting like LEEROY JENKINS. I agree that i hate the mapping of tech weapons in campaign but in escalation i was forced to get use to it, as waves 10-15 require smart use of thermo mines and barrier shields etc.