Released here – August 2017
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size - 15cm to top of head, 16cm to top of arm-mounted treads
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Drill machine
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster
    Main Colours – White and blue
    Main Accessories – 2 guns, "Flameout" Titan Master

Note: This toy is a redeco of Titans Return Topspin. See Topspin's review thread for comments on the original mould. This review will focus on differences made.

This toy pretty much carries over all the qualities of Topspin, so if you love Topspin then you're gonna love Twin Twist, but if not then you're probably not going to like Twin Twist. Simple as that really.

There are at least two things about Twin Twist that I think was better done with Topspin though.
    1/ In robot mode, Twin Twist's cockpit canopy doesn't seem to lock into place and is prone to flipping open. Topspin's doesn't have a lock either, but the narrower pontoons just naturally help to keep the canopy in place. Twin Twist's drills are narrower and more widely spaced apart, and thus doesn't serve to hinder the movement of the canopy in robot mode.
    2/ Flameout's colours or lack thereof.

Having said that, Twin Twist does improve over Topspin in at least one way - no bobblehead!

Overall an excellent toy.

Pictures

Comparison with G1 Twin Twist

Comparison with TR Topspin

Vehicle mode

Comparison between Freezeout and Flameout

...am I the only one who wishes that they were named Salt-Man X and Salt-Man Z respectively?
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 15th August 2017 at 11:27 PM.

Played with Twin Twist and Topspin last night. Twin Twist is another solid toy, but I am liking him less because of the bland colour scheme (granted there's not much to work off from the source material), which makes his purchase more obligatory than out of want. Still as a remould, I'm far more impressed by it than most repaints from the Classics line. Too bad they couldn't have gone with Misfire and added some more tampographs to break up the blinding white plastic.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Bought Twin Twist and Windblade last week because Misfire really lit a fire under my TR fascination.

While he's not as good as Misfire (few deluxes are), he's still a pretty sweet figure. I love his bulky look and how fun the transformation is. A little bit more flimsy to stand but otherwise I really like this guy a lot.

I have the G1 original and have always preferred him over Topspin and the same can still be said of the TR series. So here's why I prefer Twin Twist over his brother:

1. Twin Twist's guns can also be shoulder mounted to give variation to his intimidating appearance.
    2. The color scheme has always been more complimentary to his alt. mode than Topspin's. The vehicle looks like a machine that wouldn't be out of place in an Arctic/Antarctic setting.
    3. A drilling vehicle is more original than a space craft with undersized wings.