Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senility

Default Senility

This is happening to me quite a lot lately, I seem to be buying things twice without realising. I put it down to having things on lay-buy for so long that I forget what is there, I see something when I have a little spare cash and buy it, then later complete my lay-buy to find out I have doubled up. My latest discovery was last night I was trying to find Darkmount only to come across a second SkullGrin I didn't know I had(Generations or whatever it's called, Too many series). My biggest discovery(not really a double up, well sort of) was when I was digging around in my room looking for something only to come across Encore Omega SUpreme, I knew I had bought Gadep(Blue recolour) but didn't remember buying the normal coloured encore as I already have the original G1 version. Anyone else going this loopy

I was with you when you bought your Skullgrin from Big W Armadale...

I'm a relentless collection databaser, but I recently also realized I had this issue, where I had a few multiples of a toy I thought I only had one of. In my case, it was Universe Legends Starscream (Animated style).

I suspect there are three reasons for this:

1. It's because I hadn't opened it yet. I think greater familiarity would have arisen had I played with the toy.

2. Age, and thus, senility.

3. I forgot the third.

You're either getting too old or it could be the sheer volume of toys that are being released under different lines with so many repaints. Because we totally needed another repaint of Classics Bumblebee as Bumblebee in a different shade of yellow in a line that wasn't Classics but is basically the same line while the line that was basically meant to be the continuation of Classics was on the shelves alongside it.... just as an example

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    You're either getting too old or it could be the sheer volume of toys that are being released under different lines with so many repaints. Because we totally needed another repaint of Classics Bumblebee as Bumblebee in a different shade of yellow in a line that wasn't Classics but is basically the same line while the line that was basically meant to be the continuation of Classics was on the shelves alongside it.... just as an example
    My brain hurts reading that

It isn't really on topic, but the image of a balding old man playing with Transformers and enjoying it makes me giggle.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

"Good news everyone! I have doubles of my Generations toys!"

I have caught myself nearly buying things that I already have, especially when I've ordered it online and then it turns up on shelves here before I recieve my order.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    It isn't really on topic, but the image of a balding old man playing with Transformers and enjoying it makes me giggle.
    I have a full head of hair

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I have a full head of hair
    so do I but it's got a fair few grays in there..
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)