Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 6th November 2017, 02:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
No reply to my email after the "customer reset", quelle surprise
Haha same here.
Old 6th November 2017, 02:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Apparently on Thursday last week, they were halfway through Monday's emails. So at this rate, anything from today should be answered sometime next year
Old 6th November 2017, 08:50 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
I don't collect anything other than Transformers, but I've heard that PC are still reliable for non-TF lines like Marvel etc.
More then a few people in the facebook complaints group have said that they never got their non-tf related items or that Scott's been taking the "rare" figures out of case assortments and only sending them the "common" figures when they ordered the whole wave.
In fact one of the people I mentioned that was told "all your orders have been cancelled because you did one chargeback, but you'll have to get refunds for those items from chargebacks as well" only had a bunch of DC comics figures on order, no transformers.
He's a problem no matter what group he's selling to.
Old 7th November 2017, 08:18 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Regarding Mastercard's chargeback policy, could someone please explain the difference between the 120-day limit and the 540-day limit?
Old 7th November 2017, 09:35 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguard Ace View Post
Regarding Mastercard's chargeback policy, could someone please explain the difference between the 120-day limit and the 540-day limit?
Must be within either 120 days of the purchase date, or 120 days of the expected delivery date for preorders, whichever is more recent.

Any chargeback must be within 540 days of the original purchase date no matter what
--------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
--------------------------------------------------------
Old 7th November 2017, 11:59 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Thank you. So expected delivery date can be the latest estimate in an email inquiry, not necessarily what's on the site?

Bit of a catch-22, some who wait long enough eventually get their stuff, but you have to be confident enough to let that window of opportunity close.
Old 7th November 2017, 03:26 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
I lodged it through 28 degrees. I was incorrectly put through to their disputes area and told them what happened. The guy I spoke to agreed that a chargeback should be arranged but I would need to lodge a dispute through customer service and give them as much information as possible. So I rang back customer service and tried to give them some detail but they would only take very basic information. I'm not holding my breath but if it doesn't go through then I'll lodge a complaint. Their customer service is terrible.
I think you better push for an email, a latitude email to be exact unless your dispute is within 6 months?

I'll have to call them tomorrow to find out exactly what is has happened to my disputes as my 45 days is over.
Old 7th November 2017, 04:46 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
I think you better push for an email, a latitude email to be exact unless your dispute is within 6 months?

I'll have to call them tomorrow to find out exactly what is has happened to my disputes as my 45 days is over.
Too late, contacted them today to follow up my dispute, they closed it already. Apparently they sent me a letter over a week ago, but I haven't received anything.

I explained that page 47 of the Mastercard Chargeback Guide explains that where the goods are to be provided at a later date, the 120 days commences from that date rather than the purchase date. She didn't seem interested and re-iterated the original position that their policy is that disputes must be lodged within 120 days of the transaction.

She suggested I phone back tomorrow and ask to speak to the chargeback team regarding the transaction (as it is a public holiday there today).

I'll keep you updated, however my last resort will be to lodge a dispute through the Financial Ombudsman website. I note that Latitude are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Services so the dispute will be considered.

I hope that you have better luck.

Last edited by AJ_Prime; 7th November 2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 7th November 2017, 05:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
Too late, contacted them today to follow up my dispute, they closed it already. Apparently they sent me a letter over a week ago, but I haven't received anything.

I explained that page 47 of the Mastercard Chargeback Guide explains that where the goods are to be provided at a later date, the 120 days commences from that date rather than the purchase date. She didn't seem interested and re-iterated the original position that their policy is that disputes must be lodged within 120 days of the transaction.

She suggested I phone back tomorrow and ask to speak to the chargeback team regarding the transaction (as it is a public holiday their today).

I'll keep you updated, however my last resort will be to lodge a dispute through the Financial Ombudsman website. I note that Latitude are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Services so the dispute will be considered.

I hope that you have better luck.
Yea the customer service will do the damnedest to deter you from a doing a chargeback, which doesn't make sense when they actually EARN more money from doing chargebacks...

I used this form:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/ask-...d-webform.html

to speak to mastercard about 28degrees, which prompted mastercard to contact 28degrees directly, which got latitude to give me a personal phone call.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow but my glass is half empty atm.
Old 7th November 2017, 06:10 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thanks for the update. I'll be interested to know if they were helpful. Worst case scenario there is always the FOS dispute form.