Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 22nd December 2017, 01:17 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

And they are all booked up today and told to come back in the new year. Not good enough. I'm gonna call up their hotline again and force the issue and ask to speak to someone higher. Not happy
Old 22nd December 2017, 05:07 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

jazzcomp: That 45 days you have seen mentioned is the period PC has to dispute after you get a temporary refund.
Before that the banks take up to 6 weeks to investigate, but TRON is right, if you dont hear from your bank follow up with them weekly as there is a chance that someone may fail to contact you to get more info which will result in the dispute being cancelled.
If you guys still have issues with the bank people try contacting the banking ombudsman to mediate the situation, others have had to do so unfortunately but at least it got things on the right track from then onwards
Old 24th December 2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
jazzcomp: That 45 days you have seen mentioned is the period PC has to dispute after you get a temporary refund.
Before that the banks take up to 6 weeks to investigate, but TRON is right, if you dont hear from your bank follow up with them weekly as there is a chance that someone may fail to contact you to get more info which will result in the dispute being cancelled.
If you guys still have issues with the bank people try contacting the banking ombudsman to mediate the situation, others have had to do so unfortunately but at least it got things on the right track from then onwards
Or they will send you an email that will get lost in the usual spam/glut and you will miss it (or go to your junk folder).

That's what happened with me first time around doing chargebacks, and had to start all over again. They never told me they were going to email me, so I never knew to look for it (after going to bank in person multiple times).
Old 29th December 2017, 09:25 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I just received a conditional refund for an item that was due in March. PC have 45 days to respond. I think ot all comes down to how you word the complaint if it is after the 120 day limit.
Old 4th January 2018, 08:57 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Latest update on the PC website is that they have a new refund policy for preorders - they just don't happen to say what that is.

I found this in the FAQ, if only they realised how true it was!

The trade off's are the pricing is the lowest on offer at the expense of delivery.
Old 4th January 2018, 09:52 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Are they allowed to change the terms and conditions after a sale has been made?
Old 4th January 2018, 10:48 AM

I guess they can change terms and conditions whenever they like. Not sure if new ones would apply to older orders though. I think the web archive thing which has been mentioned a few times has previous versions of the FAQ page and t&C page.
Old 4th January 2018, 02:11 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
I guess they can change terms and conditions whenever they like. Not sure if new ones would apply to older orders though. I think the web archive thing which has been mentioned a few times has previous versions of the FAQ page and t&C page.
The new T&C are retrospective to Nov '16, which I'm not sure is legal.

They're buried on the site, basically saying that their ETA is flexible and shouldn't be compared to other retailers. Another "out" from the sounds of it.
Old 4th January 2018, 04:08 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

I don't think businesses can change their contract conditions after the contract of sale is made (payment received), without contacting the customer, allowing them the option of agreeing to the new conditions or cancelling the contract with a full refund.

And ETAs are not THAT flexible (6-12 months that people have had to wait for their items). If they quote a date/month at the time of payment, a product or service must be provided within a reasonable amount of time of that quoted time.
(from that link) It's fraudulent for a business to accept payment if they know, or should have known, that they wouldn't be able to meet that timeframe... and PC have been stating recently that their prices mean that they are not expected to meet their ETAs - Trying to promote their business is actually them admitting they are breaking Australian Consumer Law.
(you just can't say that your products or services are not expected to be delivered on time or in a timely manner, before or after a sale/contract has been made, no matter how much you think it is a good marketing pitch for your cheaper prices)
Old 4th January 2018, 08:48 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Contracts will be governed by the terms and conditions at the time of sale. Those T&Cs can allow for variations however not in breach of the ACL. In other words, they can't just change things at their discretion.

Hammer about to come down shortly anyway.
Sales Thread