Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 5th February 2018, 07:37 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
that there was no faith that he would deliver due to the fact that he didnt deliver anything else.

Part of my claim was obviously the ample online evidence of many other unsatisfied customers, so I'm hoping that will be enough.
Old 5th February 2018, 08:51 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I've kinda given up trying to get my money back. I tried, st george flat out refused saying it's passed 120 days. I have no idea where to go from there. I made a complaint with ACORN but haven't heard anything yet
Old 5th February 2018, 09:15 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Sorry to hear AZ.

For others, I have been given an option in the past to block merchants for this possible case so that I don't have to close the card.
Old 5th February 2018, 09:37 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
I've kinda given up trying to get my money back. I tried, st george flat out refused saying it's passed 120 days. I have no idea where to go from there. I made a complaint with ACORN but haven't heard anything yet
Check the first post in the thread, griffin added some info that I posted which details the terms of service for the three major cards as well as tips to get the banks to listen.
So long as your original payment date is within 540 days and you can show an ETA that's no older then 120 days the major banks are supposed to put the claim through, so if your case meets those requirements and st george wont listen to you contact the financial ombudsman service at https://www.fos.org.au/ as their job is to help bank customers who are having issues just like this.
Old 5th February 2018, 04:09 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

When I tried before they were all still inside 540 but I fear some now will be outside. Is it still worth persuing those as I tried to get my chargbacks with them already?
Old 5th February 2018, 04:47 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
I had one item that wasnt due for, oh 3 to 6 months (cant recall exactly), according to PC when I lodged all my chargebacks and he did dispute it, but I was able to cancel out his dispute by showing the bank that A. the item was in stock ready to deliver at other stores and B. that there was no faith that he would deliver due to the fact that he didnt deliver anything else. That was enough for them to toss his arguments out the window, but it all depends on your case manager.
Thanks for the advice. I will remember that.
Old 6th February 2018, 01:57 AM

Quote:
When I tried before they were all still inside 540 but I fear some now will be outside. Is it still worth persuing those as I tried to get my chargbacks with them already?
I'd say the ones outside 540 days wont be recovered, at least by the banks. If they had of lodged the paperwork before the 540 days was up then it would count as an existing case and be valid even though the dispute period had ended, but since they didnt anything outside 540 days it's likely you'd have to go to court instead to recoup those losses.
But talk to the ombudsman and explain everything to them, they might have some ideas of what can be done, at the least they can get st george to lodge the disputes that can still be processed. Better to at least get some money back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball View Post
Thanks for the advice. I will remember that.
No worries
Old 6th February 2018, 02:59 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I lodged my original chargebacks before the 540 days, so they can't just open the case back up?
Old 6th February 2018, 04:13 AM

Quote:
I lodged my original chargebacks before the 540 days, so they can't just open the case back up?
If a case was opened and they rejected it based on the wrong section of the credit card terms then yes, should be able to be reopened.
I was under the impression that they just flat out refused you as soon as they heard the dates and didnt create a case, but yes if they did open one and applied a case number etc it should in theory be considered an existing matter to be reopened.
Anyway see how you go with the financial ombudsman and dont give up, that's exactly what PC wants people to do so press the matter as far as you can.
Old 6th February 2018, 09:39 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I would keep trying on the charge backs. The squeaky wheel gets the oil!

I recently received a refund for an order in Oct 16 and expected in Feb 17. It took a bit of creative writing but, as the PC website only listed the ETA as Feb, I stated that I initially thought the delivery date way Feb 17 but, due to the delay, I must have been mistaken and it must have been Feb 18. Can I please have my money back? 😀

Thankfully the bank agreed a I received a refund.