Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 12th February 2018, 12:06 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Has anyone besides me tried complaining to the ACCC?.
Old 12th February 2018, 12:07 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza_22 View Post
I'm happy to announce that I have received the last of my money back from PC from my outstanding orders.

$947.56 spent and $947.56 returned to me by Zippay and Westpac.

I can't express how happy and relieved I am to have all of my money back and to wash my hands of PC for good!

You should rephrase your first sentence as your second sentence shows the refund did not come from PC. I don't think anyone to date has gotten money back from them.
Old 12th February 2018, 12:13 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
The thing is, most fans wouldn't have had an issue with a little extra waiting for cheaper prices, if they knew at the time of purchase that there was going to be delays for that cheaper price, but the original product listings (before 2017) never warned people of that. This is what some US online stores do with their JP toy pre-orders - they offer a more expensive "express" option, to get one of the first few toys that are express shipped from Japan.
A business can't suddenly promote a new business model (since 2017) and expect all pre-2017 customers to willingly accept it, or tell them that they should have known about it before the business even made it publicly known, that products will now have lengthy delays... with a penalty of not knowing the policy a year before it existed, that you won't get a refund, and you have to do your own chargeback if you ever want to see any of your hard-earned money back.

I hope customers from here have been reporting PC to the ACCC and their state's consumer protection agencies, linked in the first post of this topic.
This deceptive retconning of their business model, to punish people later who just want their toys or money back, must stop.

It isn't even a long wait, in many instances they have told people to do chargebacks. If you win you get your money back but if you lose, like I did, they don't ever have to make good on your purchase and they never purchased stock in the first place. I wish more people would file as it would put a stop to his crap.

If you got your money back through a credit card or zip pay, please still consider filing to show his deceptive practices.
Old 12th February 2018, 06:36 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawkblack View Post
Yes there was a big group complaint made to the ACCC (~30 people) plus others made individual complaints.
Old 12th February 2018, 09:19 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
You should rephrase your first sentence as your second sentence shows the refund did not come from PC. I don't think anyone to date has gotten money back from them.
Don't chargebacks come from their account?
Old 12th February 2018, 10:44 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguard Ace View Post
Don't chargebacks come from their account?
Technically if your chargeback is successful, the bank refunds you and they take the money off PC. If PC pulled all their funds and ran, the bank would still be obliged to pay out your successful claim.
--------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
--------------------------------------------------------
Old 12th February 2018, 11:08 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

PC was using the same credit card processor for quite some times after my chargebacks, so I think they would have had the chargebacks deducted from their continuing purchases.
Old 12th February 2018, 06:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Yep, toothless tiger, very disappointing considering the amount of time that was put into it.
The later it gets, the less sense I will make (usually anything beyond 19:30 Qld time).
Old 13th February 2018, 10:58 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Sorry, to clarify I consider a refund when a merchant voluntarily returns money because they couldn't keep their end or they felt you were not satisfied and made an effort to preserve your patronage.

A chargeback is what I consider a third party determining who is within the third party's guidelines and then forcing a resolution.

So I consider them very different and that is why I am wondering if anyone ever got a refund of cash from PC based on my definition above.
Old 13th February 2018, 11:56 AM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

So I just got a response from PC giving the chargeback response. The email itemises a few orders that were undelivered from about two years ago (outside the claim period). Given this is a new response, can those orders over 540 days be re-opened?