Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th February 2018, 12:44 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawkblack View Post
Sorry, to clarify I consider a refund when a merchant voluntarily returns money because they couldn't keep their end or they felt you were not satisfied and made an effort to preserve your patronage.

A chargeback is what I consider a third party determining who is within the third party's guidelines and then forcing a resolution.

So I consider them very different and that is why I am wondering if anyone ever got a refund of cash from PC based on my definition above.
Ah, I didn't understand that this is what you were asking before, but I get it now. That's a great question. I certainly never got a voluntary refund, only chargebacks resulting from disputes.

I'd also be very curious to hear if anyone ever got a voluntary refund. If I was a gambling man, I'd wager that no one ever has.
Old 13th February 2018, 01:38 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
Ah, I didn't understand that this is what you were asking before, but I get it now. That's a great question. I certainly never got a voluntary refund, only chargebacks resulting from disputes.

I'd also be very curious to hear if anyone ever got a voluntary refund. If I was a gambling man, I'd wager that no one ever has.
I did on a few occasions, though with the slow responses and turnaround time it probably would have been easier to just do a chargeback.

This was only the case with maybe $600 worth of items out of the tens of thousands I ended up ordering. These would have been from mid 2017 as the prick probably realised there was a high chance he could keep the money he swindled by not providing refunds and making people go through banks.

ANZ were great in getting it all back, but words of wisdom to those new to the chargeback system - it will require some work and a lot of patience as the bank chargeback divisions are largely located off shore and communication between individuals is very lax so I ended up having to relay the same information multiple times to multiple people. This fraudster no doubt is aware of this by now, but can anybody clarify if the banks are actually recouping these chargebacks from Scott? I just don't get how he hasn't been shut down by now, is this real life?

I guess this whole ordeal did end up saving me in the long run as I no longer have any interest in collecting Transformers and figures ever again.
Old 13th February 2018, 01:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
I've kinda given up trying to get my money back. I tried, st george flat out refused saying it's passed 120 days. I have no idea where to go from there. I made a complaint with ACORN but haven't heard anything yet
I had no problems with St George, they were more than happy to help me out as I had over 2 years of evidence of no response to my emails. I did end up getting a response from PC on 31/12 which said that they would not fight my chargebacks.

I hope it works out for you mate.
Old 13th February 2018, 02:09 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Sorry, to clarify I consider a refund when a merchant voluntarily returns money because they couldn't keep their end or they felt you were not satisfied and made an effort to preserve your patronage.

A chargeback is what I consider a third party determining who is within the third party's guidelines and then forcing a resolution.

So I consider them very different and that is why I am wondering if anyone ever got a refund of cash from PC based on my definition above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

I did once, it was on titans return sentinel prime. It was way late, and I asked several times about it, especially since the listing had disappeared from their website. I got a refund on that alone. I've never received any more stock or a refund on anything else. but that's another story, that's not yet finished.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 13th February 2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
There's one other refund that I know of, but it's really just because he went to Scott's GF's house (the address known as "the warehouse" in posts and on some of the last parcels that were sent) and demanded to speak to Scott.
So maybe not so much a case of him voluntarily returning the money as it was him being scared that someone actually came looking for him so he thought he'd best return the chaps money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober View Post
Given this is a new response, can those orders over 540 days be re-opened?
Likely not, the maximum time allowed to file a chargeback dispute is 540 from date of purchase, if it's been more then 540 days you are outside any coverage provided by the credit companies.
There have been very rare cases where AmEx has refunded for disputes past 540 days, but you shouldnt expect a favourable resolution.
The only exception would be if you opened a claim before the 540 days had passed, then the bank would be able to reopen the claim due to new evidence.
But a new claim for a chargeback outside the 540 days from purchase? No very unlikely you'll get anywhere with that.
Old 15th February 2018, 01:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I really don't feel guilty now... PC sent me Combiner Wars Starscream when I didnt order it and they also sent me 2 G2 Bruticus when I only bought 1. Still doesn't make up for all the crap I have had to go through.
Old 15th February 2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
I really don't feel guilty now
Good, you shouldnt feel guilty at all considering what they've put people through. Just keep that information to yourself though and only offer it up if someone mentions it. As they say, ask me no questions I'll tell you no lies.
Also a bit of info for anyone wondering what to do in these situations, under Australian consumer law when a store sends you a free item or an item of greater value then the one ordered it is up to the store to approach you and either collect it or compensate you for its return. They can not demand payment for the item as it is an unsolicited delivery, nor do you need to "do the right thing" and tell them about it (especially in regards to PC, that's his bad luck for screwing people over and stealing their money)
Old 27th February 2018, 02:21 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I attempted a chargeback in January through my bank for 3 PC orders placed mid to late 2016, and have just been told it was unsuccessful, due to not being within their time frame.

Edit: 2 of the 3 were within the 540 days, but the last email/ETA I got from PC was just outside the 120 day window.

Is their any further action I can take?

Last edited by pointblank; 27th February 2018 at 02:37 AM. Reason: extra info
Old 1st March 2018, 02:06 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

In case anyone tries to email PC and gets a bounce back, they have shut down the old email addresses. They are now using cservice@premiumcollectables.com.au
Sales Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
I attempted a chargeback in January through my bank for 3 PC orders placed mid to late 2016, and have just been told it was unsuccessful, due to not being within their time frame.

Edit: 2 of the 3 were within the 540 days, but the last email/ETA I got from PC was just outside the 120 day window.

Is their any further action I can take?
Even if the purchase date was within 540 days you do need an estimated delivery date that is within the last 120 days otherwise the banks are well within rights to reject the claim as they have.
Your best option is likely to try and get a new ETA somehow.

One idea is email the new address Raider posted and asking if you are going to get those items.
Some dispute staff will treat an email saying "no, do a chargeback" as adequate proof due to clauses such as the Visa one that states "120 calendar days from the date that the Cardholder was first made aware that the merchandise or services would not be provided", so if your original dispute was just you saying that the items were not delivered you can reopen it under "being made aware by the merchant that items would not be delivered".