Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Before Jitsu's preorder sold out at BBTS he was 49.95. These are NOT 50 dollar toys.

*Sigh*

It's starting to make sense to me to buy a sub for 2013.

Dammit.
    Balance out that $50 with several other toys you may not care about but may be forced to buy with a sub.

Who knows, there could be a 'Battleground Mighty Spector, Sir Laserlot and Mo-larr' 3 pack on the way

Sadly, of the figures shown at SDCC I couldn't give two hoots about is Fang-Man. I want Netossa, Jitsu, Ram-Man. Basically if it's Vintage MOTU or POP I want it. I liked Vikor. I liked Demo-Man and I want the 30th figures as well.
    So far I've been ignoring NA because of the lack of an NA He-Man or Skeletor.
    Once they're out I'll hunt down Slush-Head Flipshot and Optikk. I'm pretty much an MOTUC completist at this point.

For me, right now, looking towards next year A Sub makes sense financially.
    I'll probably put some of my tax return aside to cover the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    This kind of thing is why they shouldn't have community managers at all. Imagine if Hasbro had someone making excuses and taking full responsibility for the whole line of Transformers - now that'd be one hated individual!
    Aaron Archer?

Wow, old MOTUC is looking a bit worse for wear. I like some of the figures, but there is NO WAY I'd go for a sub, because I am not that much into MOTU.. Even with all this sub business, why do they only have the sub buying options open for a month? They are limiting their customer base immensely by the looks of things. What strange practises...

They sure are doing their best to push away any potential International subscribers:

Q: Can you please officially confirm (with direct links if possible, please) if it is accurate that subscribing to MOTUC 2013 using the cheaper "International Postal" option now means that I will NOT be eligible for replacement of defective stock, since this method is not trackable?

I already heard Toy Guru state that "lost-in-the-mail" figures will NOT be replaced if you choose this option, but is it also true that defective stock will not be replaced either?

My main problem is that I really DON'T require faster shipping and really can't afford it.
    So, I need to know officially and definitively if this is the case, and if so I'd like to know when this policy actually changed, because I've always got replacements for damaged stock in the past, despite always using the cheapest international shipping method available.

I would be a real shame to be forced to use a more expensive shipping method for no reason other than to ensure that defective product will be replaced -- this hardly seems fair, since Digital River always did it in the past.

A:Correct. We can only replace product that is trackable. If you would like to be able to return product you need to use a trackable shipping method.
    So if you are an International customer and receive a faulty figure, they won't replace it. Nice

That's a lot of trust they are demanding from buyers. This is even more obtuse when one of the main reasons even their local guys aren't subscribing is due to chattered trust between Mattel and the customer base.

I am interested to know, how many people have actually had issues with not getting their figure or needing to exchange the figure?

Not to come off as Matty Apologist, but I have been a subscriber since 2009 and I have received every single figure and never needed to get a replacement. I might be in the minority with that but some how I doubt it.

Now, if this new policy of Mattel actually affected me then I am pretty sure I am covered by fraud on my credit card. If I happened to fall victim of this happening to me then I will simply go to my bank and claim an unauthorised transaction.

I think we are still pretty safe in the grand scheme of things and (I hope I am not jinxing myself) I think it will all be fine next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am interested to know, how many people have actually had issues with not getting their figure or needing to exchange the figure?
    *Puts hand up*

Consider yourself fortunate.

As mentioned before, I had no real issues with that sort of thing until I subscribed for 2012 and that was my biggest mistake. I should have continued with Cherry Picking and paid the hyper inflated price for Shadow Weaver.

Also remember that more than a few subscribers were burned by Matty with Fisto forcing them to miss-out altogether. There and then they made it very clear that they had no intention to honor their 'You get every sub figure' guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    *Puts hand up*

As mentioned before, I had no real issues with that sort of thing until I subscribed for 2012 and that was my biggest mistake. I should have continued with Cherry Picking and paid the hyper inflated price for Shadow Weaver.
    That explains your anger

The only problem I had is when the MOTUC/GB combo sub was offered, I bought an extra MOTUC sub with it but they didn't have the logistics to send those together so one had to be cancelled. Even though they did allow me to buy my second MOTUC sub separately I still got 3 Vikors before the cancellation went through.

All in all, with what I have seen happen to other people, I have been pretty lucky. But I am still not the minority.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I had a friend who didn't get one of his figures a year or 2 ago. Sadly, he hates MOTUC now and won't collect them. His bad customer experience means he misses out on one of the best toy lines ever made!

I also had a defective Battle Cat when it arrived... finally got a replacement sent out, but only after lots of emailing!! (thank God that was back in the day when items arrived a little quicker, not like the 5-8 weeks now, so I didn't miss the "REDUND/REPLACEMENT window")

As mentioned before, I had no real issues with that sort of thing until I subscribed for 2012 and that was my biggest mistake.
    Yeah, they tried to refund you for a Sub figure that never arrived, but said that you refused, right? Why would you refuse what you signed up for??

Also remember that more than a few subscribers were burned by Matty with Fisto forcing them to miss-out altogether. There and then they made it very clear that they had no intention to honor their 'You get every sub figure' guarantee.
    I still can't believe that!

I think we are still pretty safe in the grand scheme of things and (I hope I am not jinxing myself) I think it will all be fine next year.
    To be honest, I'm not overly worried about it. It's a possibility, but it's not my main beef with Matty! I just think it stinks that this is their new attitude, that's more what ticks me orf! Why replace a system that benefits customers with a system that tells customers they are SOL! Especially when their Sub numbers are so low, and they should be trying to INTICE (not repel) int customers

I am not really angry, just annoyed at how poorly ran MOTUC has been despite the years of warnings and predictions from fans that all the issues and attitudes would eventually lead to the line's demise. I find the attitude of people who don't mind being treated like trash and will even defend it a lot more disturbing.

Anyways, it doesn't keep me up at night and I am already resigned that if MOTUC dies, then so be it. Matty can spin it every way they want but those with their eyes open know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    To be honest, I'm not overly worried about it. It's a possibility, but it's not my main beef with Matty! I just think it stinks that this is their new attitude, that's more what ticks me orf! Why replace a system that benefits customers with a system that tells customers they are SOL! Especially when their Sub numbers are so low, and they should be trying to INTICE (not repel) int customers
    To be honest, this line was founded on repelling its customers. Remember the 50 minute sell outs that made MOTUC the hot property it was?

In truth, I think all these policies are enacted as to create controversy. Toyguru has said that any news, regardless if it is good or bad, gets people talking about the property.