Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FansToys FT-15 Willy (Hound)

Megatran Guest

What's the connection with the name Willy & Hound? Same goes for the other 3rd party character names.

Willy's (or Willy's Overland to be precise) is the company that produced the Jeep for the US Army in WW2.
    Spiderken Away!

Looks fantastic. Still not in a position to buy. I still lack any of the MP cars (tight focus on Generations/CW at the moment).
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Test shot

Which brings us to where we are today...

This looks better than the maketoys version imo, the waist is in proportion and the feet is not just a box. Head sculpt I have to give to maketoys though. Hmm very tough decision still, I'm a fans toys fan but I'll have to wait for some in hand reviews and comparison between the two.
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

At first I though that MakeToys nailed it, but this one looks better to me now. Will wait and see.

Although an official version can't be too far off.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    At first I though that MakeToys nailed it, but this one looks better to me now. Will wait and see.

Although an official version can't be too far off.
    I believe TT has mirage and hound ready , probably want to kill these 3p by letting them release and then they announce

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks fantastic. Still not in a position to buy. I still lack any of the MP cars (tight focus on Generations/CW at the moment).
    You need to bail on that $h!t man!! And get on the MP and MP 3P wagon
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I believe TT has mirage and hound ready , probably want to kill these 3p by letting them release and then they announce
    It isn't going to hurt the 3P company's sales if they announce after the 3P toy's release.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Only way it will hurt them is if they release prototypes, have invested a lot of time and money into the project and its in production then TT release news of an official version. That is likely to kill a lot of sales other than those who have already picked it up on pre-order. I noticed that Fan Toys might be anticipating this as not-Galvatron is on pre-order for a Sept. 16 release. If I was them I'd want to get as many pre-ordered as possible.

Now on the actual topic, I will probably pick this up even though I'm confident an official version will be released. I love the way Fan Toys have created their pieces and being a little OCD I must have them all! Just not a fan of the feet...