Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September's MOTUC figure is...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default September's MOTUC figure is...

Leech!

And it looks like we're getting Hurricane Hordak too...

Default New MOTUC Reveal: Leech and Hurricane Hordak

I need a better side view of Leech to be able to make up my mind but so far it looks like the vintage head without the suction cup mouth. Not bad from what I can see, he still looks goofy with those big teeth but he is certainly really crazy looking which makes him kind of scary.

The big plastic net accessory with the suction cups must be for trapping figures against flat surfaces.

He may also be a hybrid between the 200X design and vintage which could work well. I need better pics before I say if I will get him or not but at least I am not disappointed as I was with Grizzlor, Clawful and Roboto.

Hurricane Hordak is just a variant with new colors and weapons to tribute the vintage variant. I find this a bit unnecessary but I am sure owners of the vintage figure would appreciate him.

Now speculation time:

Is MOTUC Leech a hybrid design of all his incarnations?

Vintage 80s Toy

80s Cartoon character model

200X Staction - My favorite

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Hurricane Hordak is just a variant with new colors and weapons to tribute the vintage variant. I find this a bit unnecessary but I am sure owners of the vintage figure would appreciate him.
    Hurricane Hordak is one of my favourite vintage toys, plus if you remove his 'hurricane' accessories, he has a gun arm like in the cartoon.

Leech is a weird choice if they're really worried about new parts that can't be used on other figures - almost nothing about him is reusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Hurricane Hordak is one of my favourite vintage toys, plus if you remove his 'hurricane' accessories, he has a gun arm like in the cartoon.

Leech is a weird choice if they're really worried about new parts that can't be used on other figures - almost nothing about him is reusable.
    I have a suspicion that they will eventually do more variants of the same character.

YAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have a suspicion that they will eventually do more variants of the same character.
    The day that MOTUC does a Leech variant is the day it jumps the shark. Or the leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The day that MOTUC does a Leech variant is the day it jumps the shark. Or the leech.
    My conspiracy theory is that they are putting 200X heads on hold because they want to do variants in the future. Toyguru has already hinted at a possible 200X King Hisss. It is much more profitable to make fans buy a whole new figure than offering extra heads and accessories. This is purely a collector line and there seems to be a lot of demand for modernized heads yet they won't do them but the occasional hint is thrown in every now and then that they are considering a variant. Specially since they want to keep the line going for a ridiculous amount of time.

So if my conspiracy theory is true, a possible 200X Leech could happen.

Leech looks awesome. One of the best figures of 2011

It looks like Leech has wrist articulation and the blades on Hordak's weapon also look articulated

lol That's even crazier looking! Yeah the over the top craziness of this toy has sold me to it.

I'm with you Kup!
    I loved this figure as a kid, I thought the suction caps were odly fitting and he just came across as a cool looking figure - I'm very tempted to grab one of these guys!