Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Dinobots

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    anyone got an issue 2 they dont want anymore?

cant find it anywhere and the shops dont want to order it in
    Issue #2 was ordered in very very low numbers so your best bet is to order it in I'll have a look for u but if I post from Melb, it'll cost u at least $10-$12 to get their safely.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Issue #2 was ordered in very very low numbers so your best bet is to order it in I'll have a look for u but if I post from Melb, it'll cost u at least $10-$12 to get their safely.
    great

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    LOL! Thoze toiz look nothink like the charactuz frum Maximom Dinobotz. What iz Hasbor thinkink?

The different artists clashed a bit for me. While I liked the scene in which Ravage and Laserbeak stole Soundwave, it just fell apart somewhat with continued sequences flipping from one art style to the other.

Holy crap, 5 is going to be one hell of a read.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    The different artists clashed a bit for me. While I liked the scene in which Ravage and Laserbeak stole Soundwave, it just fell apart somewhat with continued sequences flipping from one art style to the other.

Holy crap, 5 is going to be one hell of a read.
    I liked that at least an attempt was made to keep the line work close so that the styles wern't too jarring. That said James Raiz has come a long way since his Armada days.

Two thumbs waay up

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Worst. Comic-accuracy. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Worst. Comic-accuracy. Ever.
    Grimlock's overall 'engineering' remains identical even if 'kibble' has been changed to represent the corrected T-Rex shape.

Snarl is pretty much 'What the hell?' as he is completly redone from scratch which I find it odd as he didn't really have to be.

The same goes for Swoop and Slag (although to a lesser degree than Swoop).

When it comes to Sludge, its hard to see him properly but it seems that he like Grimlock, may have kept his general 'engineering' without major change (although robot mode detailing is way different) and despite his G1 alt mode becoming obsolete, he still passes as an Apatosaurus as the general shape of the dinosaur remains the same.

When it comes to my pic, Despite their differences in look and design, they are still Dinobots and identifiable. I am basically tributing a comic which focuses on the 5 characters that in comic form, have more or less remained the same as a group and individual characters particularly when it comes to Grimlock and Swoop.
    Last edited by kup; 10th April 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Read issues 4 and 5 today. I think the story was let down by very sudden shifts in art style in both issues, almost page to page at times. The conclusion still makes me think that despite the events in AHM, spoiler Sunstreaker will live on, just like in the Furman Mosaic, as Hunter's just repressed the Sunstreaker part of his mind.

One thing I didn't expect was the spoiler appearance of Ultra Magnus. I liked the way this story gave closure to story elements from several Spotlights and the ongoing series.

#5 was one of the best written comics I have read in a long time.

The revelations comics suffered from their condensed nature, and I don't think even the die hard AHM fans (if they exist) could say that AHM has solid writing.

Wrapping up the character arcs for not only the title characters (and who they made their IDW debut with too) but another near half a dozen characters who have all recieved a decent amount of page time over the length of the IDW Furmanverse. The surprise addition of Hunter and Verity was nice, and somewhat needed since the truncated "-tions" series saw them removed altogether.

Will miss the scope and vastness of Furmans writing, especially when he signs off with such a strong issue.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)