Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

stuff that broke, all movie stuff when i started collecting years ago
    -Movie Bumblebee (classics camaro) door broke off at the thin bit of plastic
    ive got a replacement door from a KO that could fit. its just the paint and getting the pin out is the problem and its risky to to that because the plastic around the pin is cracked

-Movie Leader Optimus (this one was painful) gun broke off
    I tried to glue it back together but that failed epically, i should probably unscrew it all and see if i can get it off and repair it

FatalityPitt Guest

A bit of a cautionary tale for those who own TR Scourge.

I recently took TR Scourge out of storage to test if the TM Nightbeat head would look decent good on him (FYI - it doesn't, and it doesn't even stay on). I store most of my Transformers in vehicle mode, so I had to Transform Scourge.

While trying to push the "spine" into the torso (as you would when transforming Scourge into a robot), I had difficulties getting it in. I figured something was stuck and started shaking it. It was then when I realized I forgot to take Fracas out of the cockpit prior to transformation!!

Fracas wasn't too badly damaged (legs detached from the body, but was easily popped back in), but now Scourge has a flattened nose!

If you're like me, and you sometimes forget to take your Headmaster/Titanmaster out of the cockpits prior to transformation; I recommend not storing Fracas in Scourge's cockpit over a long period. Instead keep him separate from the vehicle, or store Scourge in robot mode.

I snapped the legs off clean off my reissue God Ginrai transforming the cab to robot mode

Clicked in Ginrai and started to pull his legs down from the cab when the whole thing broke in half. The joints felt quite stiff and the plastic felt more brittle than my FGGG though which was strange. Some glue later and he's now going to be on permanent display in bot mode...

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    I snapped the legs off clean off my reissue God Ginrai transforming the cab to robot mode

Clicked in Ginrai and started to pull his legs down from the cab when the whole thing broke in half. The joints felt quite stiff and the plastic felt more brittle than my FGGG though which was strange. Some glue later and he's now going to be on permanent display in bot mode...
    Ouch! I only have a few Powermasters (OP, FGGG, Hydra/Buster) but I dread the unlocking gimmick bit. Maybe it is time I sand the clips down a little to ease to stress.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    A bit of a cautionary tale for those who own TR Scourge.

I recently took TR Scourge out of storage to test if the TM Nightbeat head would look decent good on him (FYI - it doesn't, and it doesn't even stay on). I store most of my Transformers in vehicle mode, so I had to Transform Scourge.

While trying to push the "spine" into the torso (as you would when transforming Scourge into a robot), I had difficulties getting it in. I figured something was stuck and started shaking it. It was then when I realized I forgot to take Fracas out of the cockpit prior to transformation!!

Fracas wasn't too badly damaged (legs detached from the body, but was easily popped back in), but now Scourge has a flattened nose!

If you're like me, and you sometimes forget to take your Headmaster/Titanmaster out of the cockpits prior to transformation; I recommend not storing Fracas in Scourge's cockpit over a long period. Instead keep him separate from the vehicle, or store Scourge in robot mode.

I did the very same thing to my Scourge the first time I transformed him. It completely snapped the forehead thinky off his face (I told myself that makes him look more like a sweep, and so now have to buy a second one for Scourge)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

ive only had a couple of figures ever suffer major damage.
    the supreme devastator from ROTF is one of them. one day while combining him, the connector for scrapper (within scrapper) broke as i tried to connect it, and luckily i was able to super glue it into a position that would allow it to still hold.
    i have also had my ROTF sideways break, as the wings snapped, due to the nature of the clip being clear plastic, i asssume.
    but the most recent one was TR galvatron. as i will admit, i generally have to cart things around in my bag, and walk places, and i, with the figure in the bag, was knocked back, fell over and landed on the bag, it also resulted in the destruction of my phone, but the major issue for the figure was that the hinge that holds the canopy on snapped. i have been fortunate enough to find some ways to keep it attached, but no permanent solution. the best i have found is to remove the pin and wedge the bar thae hinge was on into the rest of the hinge, or to place it within the square port in his back.
    EDIT: i will add TR wolfwire as well. the back panel hinge shattered
    Last edited by vorox4251; 20th March 2017 at 12:53 PM.

My TF4 1-step Galvatron.... the main gear for transforming the toy (you twist the top of the truck to transform it) snapped off, so now it can't transform, and doesn't look good in either mode (the front/chest must have been spring loaded, as it won't go down now).
    There were so few Decepticon toys in the TF4 toyline, and one of them in my collection broke first.
    Typical.

From the video reviews, it looks like twisting it all the way will force the chest down, the the tab that locks in under the cab locks the twist mechanism from spinning back and holds it in place.

If you get pliers, can you twist the black tube on the back until the chest gets held flat?

Rearranging several shelves of toys yesterday so that the Rescue Bots toys were all together... and POTP Optimus fell about a metre onto a hard surface...

Had to use pliers to straighten it back out, but it has left a light blue stress mark.

And this was my 6,000th toy in the collection too...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Rearranging several shelves of toys yesterday so that the Rescue Bots toys were all together... and POTP Optimus fell about a metre onto a hard surface...

Had to use pliers to straighten it back out, but it has left a light blue stress mark.

And this was my 6,000th toy in the collection too...
    Get a hot hair dryer on that, stress marks should all but vanish, as well as soften the plastic enough to gently bend it back into shape.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!