Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FOC demo for PS3 & XBOX 31st July

Nope, (As of 1:30pm today) the Demo is currently NOT available on the Australian PSN Store - I've tweeted both High Moon & Playstation Australia, querying them on the subject & why Australia is yet again left behind but I've received nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Are you going to fix it? I fixed mine a few months ago.
    Funnily enough, I literally just came back from the shops with a heat gun from Bunnings (for that very purpose).

EDIT: For those whose PS3's actually work, if you REALLY want to play the demo now I suggest creating a US account and downloading it off the US PSN Store. Don't bother on 360 as you need a Gold account (and would therefor need to provide bank details that match up to the "totally legit" US address you provided.
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 1st August 2012 at 04:57 PM.

I downloaded the demo around 3:00 am for the Xbox 360.

Really enjoyed it. The Bumblebee stage is ok, nothing more than a tutorial level really.

However, the Vortex level is really fun. Half of the mission is flying and the controls were a bit tricky at first. Vortex has 2 modes in flight pretty much like that Arnie movie The 6th day. The normal copter mode is more maneuverable and the "jet" mode is faster. Really going to enjoy using him.

Multiplayer wise, I've only tried out team deathmatch, and I gotta say it's really fun. Very similar control layout to the last game. If your familiar with third person games like the awesome Gears of War, this should be no trouble at all.

This time you can actually play as all four classes. Scientist for the win! There is quite a bit of customizing for your character, but most of them are demo locked. I'm not a fan of the limited two-tone colour choice though. DLC could be really amazing for the create-a-character.

Both campaign levels are pretty short end I've yet to try the other multiplayer mode (conquest or escalation one of them, can't remember which one is available to play). Really enjoying the TDM mode though

BTW I don't actually own the first game, just going by the original demo.

Couldn't download on 360 as I needed gold .. damn it

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Funnily enough, I literally just came back from the shops with a heat gun from Bunnings (for that very purpose).

EDIT: For those whose PS3's actually work, if you REALLY want to play the demo now I suggest creating a US account and downloading it off the US PSN Store. Don't bother on 360 as you need a Gold account (and would therefor need to provide bank details that match up to the "totally legit" US address you provided.
    You need to replace the heat sink compound as well. You remove the old stuff with metho
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Nope, (As of 1:30pm today) the Demo is currently NOT available on the Australian PSN Store - I've tweeted both High Moon & Playstation Australia, querying them on the subject & why Australia is yet again left behind but I've received nothing yet.
    At least for the Au/EU PSN, they update the store on Thursdays... (as opposed to US's Tuesday)
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You need to replace the heat sink compound as well. You remove the old stuff with metho
    Indeed. Did all that plus reflowed the board using my new heat gun - still no go. I'm thinking the 60C my heat gun goes to on setting 1 isn't hot enough to melt the solder. Either that, or my PS3 is generally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Indeed. Did all that plus reflowed the board using my new heat gun - still no go. I'm thinking the 60C my heat gun goes to on setting 1 isn't hot enough to melt the solder. Either that, or my PS3 is generally screwed.
    Yeah, 60degrees ain't gonna cut it, you need more around 230 degrees. Here is the first of a 3 part YouTube vid on how to fix. Pretty much exactly what I did. Works a treat!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1...e_gdata_player
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    At least for the Au/EU PSN, they update the store on Thursdays... (as opposed to US's Tuesday)
    This I wasn't aware of, so it may well be that it shows up tomorrow? - Thanks for a little bit more hope Christal.

Just started downloading this so it should be available for me to try after work tomorrow YAY!