2 4.35%
  • Only if (something else)

2 4.35%
  • No

0 0%
  • Where did she leave Daniel?

3 6.52%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Toy review - Generations Arcee (Deluxe)

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    The problem with Armada is that it went backwards from the previous series (Beast Wars) in it's engineering. Beast Wars achieved articulation that previously could only be expressed in the G1 cartoons.
    People complained about the G1 toys being bricks without articulation, which lead all the way up to the redundant non-transforming action masters, then beast wars went mental with articulation at the expense of everything else.
    Articulation on articulation on articulation.
    Didn't care for beast wars toys when they came out. Some (not many) have grown on me since. Only one I have is transmetals rhinox, his articulation is minimal and he reminds me of G1 slag, I even keep them together as they look cool together.

I'm glad Beast Wars went mental with articulation, and those experiments led to better overall toys down the line, but to me overly articulated shellformers are not my kind of transformers. Many of them look more like Digimon or pokemon to me than anything I would call transformers.

Much preferred toys from the Unicron trilogy lot, particularly Cybertron line, which was one of the best lines ever imo.

Discussion regarding BW v. Armada continued here.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    People complained about the G1 toys being bricks without articulation, which lead all the way up to the redundant non-transforming action masters, then beast wars went mental with articulation at the expense of everything else.
    Articulation on articulation on articulation.
    Didn't care for beast wars toys when they came out. Some (not many) have grown on me since. Only one I have is transmetals rhinox, his articulation is minimal and he reminds me of G1 slag, I even keep them together as they look cool together.

I'm glad Beast Wars went mental with articulation, and those experiments led to better overall toys down the line, but to me overly articulated shellformers are not my kind of transformers. Many of them look more like Digimon or pokemon to me than anything I would call transformers.

Much preferred toys from the Unicron trilogy lot, particularly Cybertron line, which was one of the best lines ever imo.
    I wouldn't say they're like Digimon or Pokemon because they don't have the cute and comical factor.

Although I definitely agree 100% on the last line. Cybertron is the best because of how it takes the best of the previous two series.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 1st August 2016 at 11:23 PM.

Sorry to bump but wasn't sure where to ask, just wondering if anyone could post a picture of either Hasbro/Takara version with some of the recent deluxe Titan Returns deluxe class figures. I'm interested to see how she looks with these headmaster figures