Page 922 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 902912917918919920921922923924925926927932942 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,220 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I never said it was an MP, I said that the only thing that I can think of comparing with is an MP because MPs, especially MP Ratchethide, are the only other toys that I can think of which tries to achieve the same level of "mode absorption" as CHUG Ratchethide, as illustrated by this graphic:

This is a comparison in relative terms, not absolute terms.
    By this I mean if you compare CHUG Ratchethide with MP Ratchethide relative to differences in size and budget/price.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I challenge you to find me any other Transformer toy outside of the Masterpiece series which achieves what Univ/Henkei Ratchethide has achieved given their original source material (cartoon model) & relative size and price point.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    No one's really arguing that Universe Ratchet isn't a better toy (or better value) than the RiD Ratchet are they? People are just saying they don't like that it that much, and they're also not disagreeing that it wasn't some clever engineering either. I'd say most people just prefer the Sunstreaker, Hound and Prowl moulds from around that time. Ironhide might have involved more wizardry, but it's ok if people don't like the end result as much.
    From that era and only against the other Autobot cars, Mirage was the best IMO, with Hound closely in second.

Mirage had the best vehicle & robot modes: most clever engineering with the way all the limbs folded in; best robot mode with unmatched articulation and balance; best vehicle mode with only a hair's worth of clearance yet it still folds nicely/easily together every single time. Bonus points for hiding all robot parts/kibble in vehicle mode, even when viewed from below. The designers were able to recreate an instantly recognisable, yet updated Mirage without being slavish to G1 like Classics Hound/Cyclonus/Starscream. (+ Unintended extra bonus point for being able to pass as a femmebot - Movie 2007 Fracture...). There's nothing I don't like about it!

Apples to apples, I don't think the other cars circa 2008 can come up with all the same points.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I never said it was an MP, I said that the only thing that I can think of comparing with is an MP because MPs, especially MP Ratchethide, are the only other toys that I can think of which tries to achieve the same level of "mode absorption" as CHUG Ratchethide, as illustrated by this graphic:

This is a comparison in relative terms, not absolute terms.
    By this I mean if you compare CHUG Ratchethide with MP Ratchethide relative to differences in size and budget/price.
    Ok, I still don't get where you're coming from with that, so lets just say I don't understand and probably won't.

Bottom line for me I try these days not to compare outside of era and class and prefer to look at toys on it's individual merits and within the same line and class at the widest. Just like you can't compare Fangio, Senna, Schumacher and Verstappen because they are all from different eras you can't compare a Beast Wars Season 1 toy, Energon toy, 2007 Movie toy or Titans Return toy. When I listed Henkei Starscream, UW Ratchet and Henkei Ratchet I wasn't comparing against each other but rather try to take each toy on it's merits.

Universe Ratchet/Ironhide blows.
    They were probably my least favourite figures to handle from CHUGLand. Perceptor's another one for me.

I want to post up some pics but Photobucket is always playing up for me and I am sick of it, what is another easy to use photo sharing site?
    Thanks for any help.
    Spiderken Away!

Yeah, it's been mucking up for me a lot too. I've set up an imgbb account as a backup. It's not as good as photobucket (maybe because I'm not familiar with it ) but their server has proved to be more reliable. I still prefer Photobucket but imgbb is now my backup.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I want to post up some pics but Photobucket is always playing up for me and I am sick of it, what is another easy to use photo sharing site?
    Thanks for any help.
    if you're just aiming to share a non-personal without caring about it in future, just use imgur. Super simple, no account needed, and you can also edit the resolution to a more forum friendly one.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    if you're just aiming to share a non-personal without caring about it in future, just use imgur. Super simple, no account needed, and you can also edit the resolution to a more forum friendly one.
    I use imgur as well, it's reliable and quick to use and if you have an account you also have more privacy settings available then photobucket

Yeah its just pics of toys and stuff. Thanks i will give Imgur a go.
    Spiderken Away!

imgur is pretty good. Not sure how long they will be in business with their current monetisation model.