Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which would be the 5 biggest Transformers toy moulds?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The other thing is... toys like Supreme Class Cheetor and Starscream are essentially oversized Deluxe and Voyager respectively, but toys like Generations Metroplex and Fortress Maximus better justify their size because aside from being transformable action figures, they're also transformable playsets for other Transformers. Supreme Class Cheetor and Starscream just don't do that. IMO Deluxe Class Night Slash Cheetor is actually a much superior toy over Supreme Class, and Voyager Class Cybertron Starscream is pretty much just as good as the Supreme Class. Fortress Maximus Jr. on the other hand, while able to transform from robot to battleship mode pretty much the same as regular Fortress Maximus, just doesn't have a lot of the cool interactive playset features (e.g. ramps, deployers, lift, prison cell, cockpit etc.). The same could be said for a lot of "Playsetformers" (e.g. G1 Metroplex, Trypticon, Star Convoy et al.). These toys are always cooler than simply taking a smaller toy (or what could be a smaller toy) and upsizing it for no apparent reason (other than wanting to sell it at a higher price point).

BM Nightscream could've been a much cooler toy if it were a Deluxe or Mega at most. But as an Ultra he just sucks. The only main loss if they'd downsized him would be the electronic gimmick... but I'd rather have a good smaller toy with no electronic gimmick than a larger crappy toy that lights up.
    To be fair, Starscream did become extremely large after harnessing the power of the planet keys, but I agree that it should have been a voyager first and foremost, with perhaps an entirely new mould for a larger one.

On a side note, was Supreme Scream upscaled from Voyager or Supreme downscaled to Voyager? The only change I know is the planet key insert and the battery operated stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    On a side note, was Supreme Scream upscaled from Voyager or Supreme downscaled to Voyager? The only change I know is the planet key insert and the battery operated stuff.
    Everything I've ever read says upscaled Voyager.

Is Primus that big? His planet mode is pretty small and I forget how much he expands. But I look at Overlord and Scorponok and in my memory Primus is smaller or same size.

Energon Omega Supreme is tall and bulky but hollow. He's essentially a Mega Pretender shell for Energon Optimus. But you could easily reduce that toy down to the size of a Voyager and still maintain most of its play features.

And IMO Fort Max is more impressive than Gen. Metroplex, because Metroplex is a city for Cyberverse figures (e.g. Legion Class), whereas Fortress Maximus was designed for both smaller carded toys (re: the lift and central launcher/ramp) and larger boxed Autobot Headmaster & Targetmaster figures (re: the lateral ramps/launchers). He also has docking ports for medium sized figures (i.e. vehicles about the size of Gasket & Grommet). The mould worked really well for Car Robot/RiD with the central lift/launcher for the Spychangers and the lateral launchers for the Scout & Deluxe cars.

To be fair, Starscream did become extremely large after harnessing the power of the planet keys, but I agree that it should have been a voyager first and foremost, with perhaps an entirely new mould for a larger one.
    Making him gigantic cartoon doesn't make the Supreme Class toy any better. G1 Starscream also became massively gigantic when he absorbed the power of the Underbase, but an oversized G1 Starscream (say at the same size as Fortress Maximus) would just be sucky. There'd nothing about that toy that would really justify its size (and price).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Is Primus that big? His planet mode is pretty small and I forget how much he expands. But I look at Overlord and Scorponok and in my memory Primus is smaller or same size.
    Some height comparisons...
    Gen. Metroplex: 58cm
    Fortress Maximus: 55cm
    Unicron: 39cm
    Supreme Cheetor: 39cm
    EN Omega Supreme: 37cm
    G1 Scorponok: 35cm
    Overlord: 34.5cm
    Primus: 34cm

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Making him gigantic cartoon doesn't make the Supreme Class toy any better. G1 Starscream also became massively gigantic when he absorbed the power of the Underbase, but an oversized G1 Starscream (say at the same size as Fortress Maximus) would just be sucky. There'd nothing about that toy that would really justify its size (and price).
    But at least it has some type of reason, if any.

We shouldn't overlook Victory Saber (even though he's not a single mould) who is listed as being 39cm tall. Ideally, I'd like to get all of these figures & weigh them too.

Supreme lost a sword and gained a gun and his nipple blasters can be swivelled up and down whereas the voyager can't plus supreme has a crown.

I'd go with upscaled voyager, as transformation is just too simple for something designed that large and you can kind of see the battery pack area on the voyager as well. Almost as if they designed the voyager to be upscaled in the first place.