Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you put Fort Max/Metroplex/Devastator?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, but 2 years ago I made a decision to give away most of my non-TF toy collections because I hadn't played with those toys in years. Now I primarily focus just on collecting and keeping toys that I still play with, so it's Transformers and a small handful of other toys.
    I did a similar thing, however, I then got into customising and started picking up extra figures (because you get ideas) so now I'm trying to not buy many TFs and just grind through the customs I want to make.

Talking

As I only collect G1 so far I have much less of a size challenge. My Devastator will just fit into my dining room bookcase but since he is my favourite he will stay on my computer desk top shelf and leave more space in the case for others. I do have other glass display cabinets but one is filled with a Mineral collection and the other with over 200 x 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figures + SW ships. As for my front room its bookcases are filled with paperbacks and Tamiya RC vehicles. I will be moving to a larger house in a few years so I'll have more room to play with then
    Last edited by Frenzy; 13th February 2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: typos

To be honest, it's precisely this factor that stopped me from picking up either of them. Well, that and Metroplex's alt-modes not really doing it for me.
    I appreciate the idea behind them, but I just don't have the space to display and/or store toys that big. About the largest I can manage is something around the size of MP Star Saber or a Combiner Wars gestalt (or MMCs Feral Rex).

That said, I'd make an exception for a Titan-class-sized Unicron, and probably a Primus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    That said, I'd make an exception for a Titan-class-sized Unicron, and probably a Primus too.
    Great, you just made me want a Titan class Unicron for the 30th anniversary of the movie.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

And if you only have one of each. My G1 Metroplex, Devastator etc. take up more space because I have multiples (original + reissue) and display them in different modes, and the alt modes occupy more space. My G1 gestalts are displayed combined, but if I have reissues, then the reissues are displayed in individual robot modes, which takes up more space. Gah.
    Well, the combiners in my G1 are 2 sets ( the more common ones - not the Jap ones e.g. Liokaiser)...displayed one in combined mode and 1 set individual robot mode.... they take up a whole shelf space...was contemplating on getting a 3rd for individual altmode.... but nah... no more space hahahahah

as it is with all the new figures coming out now again, I'll have to rethink my display and rearrange a couple in the CHUGR line coz it's filling up again...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I thought you had everything in triplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Great, you just made me want a Titan class Unicron for the 30th anniversary of the movie.
    I'm happy with my Armada Unicron. There have been improved redecos since, but the Armada one suits me fine. I'm not sure if I'd want a Titan Class Unicron because let's face it, a Unicron toy would have to be at least as tall as a two storey house to approach being in approximate scale with other Transformer toys.

...having said that, I could display the Titan in robot mode and Armada Unicron in planetoid mode...

at the moment my generations metroplex is standing on top of my chest of drawers and UW devastator is standing on a desk in my room. I've got 1 detolf for display and they are too big! I'm not sure what else to do with them for now hehe.

I thought you had everything in triplicate.

Only on some figures I really like- G1 Dinobots (missing just a 3rd Snarl to complete the set), and some that I saw in the old toons are multiples Sweeps, Insecticons ( okay this more than 3 sets hehehe).

Most are doubles ( Malibu Stacey doll syndrome ) some due to rubber wheels and plastic wheel variant ( Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime).... others like the combiners, the minibots, the cassettes / and players, battlechargers because I like to display in altmode as well as robot mode and the citybots ( Metro and Trypticon). The UBer big ones ... well if Space permitted I would get me a second Fort Max and Scorponok and leave those in base mode for a diorama display that keeps changing using some of the doubles
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Mine are on top of my ALDI "trophy cabinets" ! Although not as elegant as a Deltolf they provide a very sturdy top that can be recessed if you're hilariously bad at following instructions like I am.