Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MP-9 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    The knees etc have supposedly been fixed but I still want to see some reviews and hear others feedback before I order this. It's also a near certainty Rodimus will get a V2.
    My understanding is that the weak knees were specific to the Black Rodimus version, and not a big issue with the original.

It can't be ruled out altogether, but I'm sceptical Rodimus Prime will get an all-new mould. The existing one is already very screen-accurate, at least from the front. The problems with the original release were addressed in the 'version 2' production run, so by now it should be a solid figure.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

looks like its out already
    robotoybase have it
    https://robotoybase.com/index.php?ro...roduct_id=4817

...I don't understand why this reissue is so overpriced -- well above its original RRP. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...I don't understand why this reissue is so overpriced -- well above its original RRP. :/
    I suspect it is a response to the readiness of fans to pay increasingly high prices for MP toys over the last few years. If a company can double the price and only lose 25% of the potential market in the process, then it’s worth it to them.

(Figures quoted are invented for the purpose of illustration only, I admit I am merely speculating).

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Yeah look not sure - probably bc it's 2018 and approaching 8 years since the original was released?

Don't you get tired of recycling the same old "oh I don't pay more than original RRP" argument? You even apply it to vintage G1 collecting in 2018. How does that even hold water?

Reading your posts sucks the life out of collecting, honestly. You're one of the reasons why a lot of the regulars have stopped coming here. Silly posts, constantly.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Isn't this reissue exclusive to china...which implies to me that DOESN'T include hong kong, the shops selling it may be factoring in the shipping/middle man retrieval, PLUS the fact its a long sought after figure for some

I'm gonna hold out for another remake, I can make way for another prime somehow but I'll be damned if I have 2 rodmius primes and a hotrod

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I thought Hong Kong is already China lol

After spending on mp44 I won’t be getting anymore tt bots

But it's not well above RRP
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...24&postcount=1
    Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Reading your posts sucks the life out of collecting, honestly. You're one of the reasons why a lot of the regulars have stopped coming here. Silly posts, constantly.
    You're giving Gok a lot of credit there if he's sucking the joy out of your hobby...
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 9th December 2018 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Very tired hands making a horrid typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

Original RRP was 16800JPY, or 17640JPY if we include tax, which works out to be AU$220 today - although the Aussie Dollar was really strong in 2011, at times reaching if not even exceeding parity against the USD, so it was more like $200. I was in China when this toy came out and I remember seeing it in Beijing, and if I'd bought it at the time it would've worked out to be about an even $200. But yeah, even at current exchange rates it'd be around $220.

I know a guy who's preordered this MP9 reissue for $340, so about $120 above its initial RRP. Even factoring in inflation that seems like a steep hike to me. <shrugs> My guess is that this must be a limited production run (if this is true then fair enough, lower volume = higher prices).

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Original RRP was 16800JPY, or 17640JPY if we include tax, which works out to be AU$220 today - although the Aussie Dollar was really strong in 2011, at times reaching if not even exceeding parity against the USD, so it was more like $200. I was in China when this toy came out and I remember seeing it in Beijing, and if I'd bought it at the time it would've worked out to be about an even $200. But yeah, even at current exchange rates it'd be around $220.

I know a guy who's preordered this MP9 reissue for $340, so about $120 above its initial RRP. Even factoring in inflation that seems like a steep hike to me. <shrugs> My guess is that this must be a limited production run (if this is true then fair enough, lower volume = higher prices).
    this would be it considering its limited to one location, now someone remind me, is it limited to china specifically or hong kong (I was told they're treated differently :S)