Thread: Which CHUG toys do you no longer display?

Default Which CHUG toys do you no longer display?

I'm rearranging my display at the moment and I realised that CHUG has gone on so long now that even characters who's names are not Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee or Starcream have multiple figures in my collection so I'm thinking of putting away some of the versions of characters that have multiple entries in the CHUG line. So if you guys had to choose which toys were the current "definitive" version of characters with more than one CHUG toy which would you choose?

ie: Henkei Galvatron vs Legends Galvatron, Henkei Ironhide vs Combiner Wars Ironhide, etc.

Note I have almost every character in every CHUG mould they were released in.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Any Transformer toy that I don't display invariably ends up here.

One for example is switching my Classics Jetfire to Generations Jetfire. Another is swapping Classics Ultra Magnus to CW Ultra Magnus. Others get moved around. Like I used to have my FOC Blaster with my CHUG display but now I have TR Blaster so my FOC Blaster has been moved to my FOC display. Just some of the swapping and changing I've done.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

80% to 90% of my collection is not on display so answering this question would take a while
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    80% to 90% of my collection is not on display so answering this question would take a while
    Would it be easier to mention which CHUGs you do display? Do you rotate your display?

Hmm, a couple that spring to mind: Titans Return Blurr, Blaster, Hardhead, Weirdwolf over their previous versions (all of which were repaints of other characters)

Combiner Wars Onslaught, Powerglide, Silverbolt over their Universe 2.0 versions. CW Trailbreaker over IDW Trailbreaker. Deluxe Groove over Legends Groove.

Voyager triplechanging Springer over the Cybertron toy repaints.

Leader Jetfire over the voyager. Leader tank Megatron over the voyager gun.

So far I've decided on these guys as my canonical versions. nb: Legends is line not class.

Henkei Optimus Prime
    Legends Megatron
    Legends Jetfire
    Henkei Seekers
    Henkei Bumblebee
    Classics Cliffjumper
    non-combinable Strafe, Onslaught, Silverbolt all replaced by UW versions.
    Legends Galvatron
    CW Warpath
    Legends Blurr

I can't decide between the various Scourge's so United Scourge is Scourge and the rest are Sweeps.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I resently swapped out generations blurr for tr blurr And percepters days are limited

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Would it be easier to mention which CHUGs you do display? Do you rotate your display?
    Probably, but still a long list.

I try to rotate but because I've been buying so much over the last year or so it's mostly been a case of fill up till it's too full and then thin out older stuff that's had more display time.

I have a couple movie shelves, a couple generations shelves and a couple MP shelves at the moment. in a Ikea Billy with glass shelves and doors.
    I have one of the Aldi cabinets but it's pretty much reserved for club exclusives and botcon sets.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I haven't done any much needed re-arranging due to the TR line replacing some of my older TFs, but so far I've replaced almost all of the Hasbro FOC line with the Takara versions (Except for Air-Raid, prefer the Hasbro red) and sold most off.
    Classics Bumblebee has been replaced by United Bee (shiny) which was then sort of replaced by TK Gen Gold Bee (United Bee was moved to my "extras" shelf, and might join my Neo G2 shelf as G2 Bee)
    In fact a lot of bots have moved to that "extras" shelf - it's basically overflow from the Classics Autobot & Decepticon shelves, plus the current TR line for now, so I've got Classics Optimus with the FP trailer there while CW OP grew on me and is on the main shelf. Henkei Skyfire is also there while Gen Jetfire takes his spot up top.

But onto others I don't display at all anymore, that'd be the RTS (too cartoony) and United (floppy) Rodimus' while Henkei Rodimus takes their place (might be replaced by the TR version in the near future...) A KO Classics Ultra Magnus w/ FP armour is also no longer being displayed, as the Gen. version is perfect.

As for bots that I sold along with the FOC extras,
    Gen Ultra Magnus, replaced by LG version.
    RTS Perceptor and Gen Kup were replaced by the Asia Exclusive 3 pack versions (Shiny ,but new Perceptor looks cool too)
    Generations Orion Pax, Bumblebee, Waspinator and Armada Starscream (replaced by Takara TG versions)
    United Warpath (Replaced by Gen version)

And finally, I've got both the Hasbro and Takara versions of CW/UW Bruticus and Computron on display atm, still deciding which one of each to put away....