Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KFC Tempest [Cyclonus]

Interesting, if he's CHUG style there is already a decent Classics toy.

Still if this guy ends up looking good next to UT's Mania King, then I just might consider him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    So do people actually still use the "third party is awesome because hey do characteres Hasbro and TT would never touch!" excuse for copyright infringment? Because, well. With this, and the Ultra Magnus amongst others... what a crock.

And it's not even the IDW version! That I could kind of understand, but Cyclonus was pretty much nailed by Hasbro/Takara, and this isn't all that different (or better looking).
    I fail to see the point of this post.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Speaking of sub-par quality of KFC products, anyone got a contact email for them?
    It seems they're on Facebook. The guys on TFW2005 have had lots of complaints. Probably check there on the KFC Magnus thread.

This looks good but release after their release and one thing stays the same: bad QC. No point having a great looking toy if it flops on its face.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

So do people actually still use the "third party is awesome because hey do characteres Hasbro and TT would never touch!" excuse for copyright infringment? Because, well. With this, and the Ultra Magnus amongst others... what a crock.

And it's not even the IDW version! That I could kind of understand, but Cyclonus was pretty much nailed by Hasbro/Takara, and this isn't all that different (or better looking).
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I personally use a combination of the "couldn't care less about copyright infringement, especially for likenesses rather than outright KOs" and the "and if I did care about copyright I'd have to boycott official TFs too, since HTT happily infringe upon car models with the same legally-distinct trick that 3PPs do". And a dash of "it's just toy collecting, I'd rather save my indignation for something that actually matters" for taste.
    But, you know, opinions vary on all of the above.

In this case, it's an easy pass - Henkei Cyclonus still works fine for me, even with the less-than-great alt-mode...and this one isn't all that much better there. Couple that with, well, KFC often not being that great anyway, and I'll just go back to waiting for a box set of the MMC Feralcons and a handful of upgrade kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I fail to see the point of this post.
    Right back at you.

Great point! Agree totally. I have the Hasbro classics version and I'm happy with that.

Right back at you.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Personally the only Cyclonus I would like to see in the future is either a Voyager version from Hasbro, or even better a masterpiece. Would make sense if a Galvatron came before though. I would give a third party a go , but it would need to be innovative and come from the more reputable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Similar? To me it looks more exact than similar.

Looking at it now on the laptop, you're right. it's a blatant rip off

I wouldn't call it a ripoff. The engineering is identical but this is a more refined version of the mold with extra detail and better tolerancing.

Almost like Jizai sold the mold or a prototype to KFC. A theory made more plausible when you remember the same thing happened with their Wheelie and Powerglide molds.

Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.