Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IGEAR CON-AIR RAPTOR SQUADRON!!!!!!

I'm down for this. They look great. Saw a review on YouTube and it looks like an excellent transformation.

I don't get some of the criticisms
    - underside of the jet looks like most seekers to be honest but with clever better nuances to preserve waist articulation
    - Same with the chest for most seeker molds - classics comes to mind

The thing that I find I had to get past was the stylistic difference to most Starscreams. It's not Claassics but a reinterpretation and in my head I think of it as the initial IDW seekers
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

The thing I like about the transformation is that their almost an homage to the G1 seeker toys. They basically transform the same way as the G1 toys, except updated.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I'm down for this. They look great. Saw a review on YouTube and it looks like an excellent transformation.

- underside of the jet looks like most seekers to be honest but with clever better nuances to preserve waist articulation

I can't emphasise enough my dislike for the Classics Seeker mold for those and many other reasons.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post

+ 1
    There are very few jet TF's offical or 3rd party who do not have oversize undercarriages so I can't fault that. for the most part they do look very sleek too.

I also like how these guys aren't quite as blocky at the classic seekers in bot mode.

Got my stuff from Robot Kingdom.

My Review:
    Great toys and you definitely get what you pay for. I was always a fan of the stylised design, but honestly, if the 'nay sayers' got one of the figures in hand, it'd probably convert a good 85% of them, and get them to buy their own. Like all other reviews, the trickiest part of transformation is definitely the arms, but it is in no way hard. It just takes care and patience.

My main complaints are the head and the stands. With the head, straight out of the box the ball joint feels good and tight. The problem is the screw that needs to be removed when changing faces. It's screwed in so tight, you'd basically need super kung fu finger grip to loosen it (I used pliers to hold onto my screwdriver). Now, the reason I mention this is because once you replace the face and manually screw the piece in place, the head is no longer good and tight. I've come to the realisation that the head needs to be mechanically screwed in tight for the ball joint to be decently workable, otherwise the head gets all floppy like mine is now.

In terms of the stand, in theory, it's a great idea and it actually works really well once the figure is mounted. The problem is the mounting. The stands peg into the underside, in between of the thrusters (legs). My problem is that the pegs are the slightest bit too big for the peg holes, and the stand's prop is a little too wide. This means it takes more messing around and lining up of parts than you'd expect. By all means, the stand are more than capable of getting the job done and look fantastic, it just gets a little frustrating to get them working.

The head and stands are only 2 'crosses' in a sea of 'ticks' checked off by these guys. They're amazing voyager sized not-Seekers, and definitely worth it if you want something to scale with the likes of TW Hegemon and Orion.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here, or even PM if you want.

I have one of these myself, and I have to admit he turned out to be more impressive that I expected. I've not tired the stand or the alternate head, so my main gripe is the head mold prevents him from looking down, up and around are fine, but not down. Which sucks a little because he is taller than many toys. Maybe I can shave some plastic of the back of the chin to fix that.

I would actually like to have another but there's so many expensive toys I'd like.

Totally agreed. These in hand are amazing figures. Beautiful articulation, excellent transformation and love the sleek profile. Unlike any other Seekers in recent years. Here's some pics from my Twitter stream:

More here:
    https://twitter.com/STL_oz/status/492880053961646080

Obetron, just screw it back in tight. That gets the neck joint to be tight as you started with.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I like it but can't get over the face sculpt. The pinkish red also doesn't agree with me which is a similar shade to TW Orion's.

I simply don't like the F-35 inspired jet modes

The aircraft design looks especially awkward on the conehead trio, but I suppose that is an unfair criticism give that their G1 alt modes were 'modified' F-15 designs I've simply become to be used to seeing.

They actually look great. But I have no desire to own them.