Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 172732333435363738394041424757 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    You know all this crap about the Gorilla being shot. How come when a school is shot up people aren't like this?
    To be fair, those are two completely different scenarios. Despite what protesters are saying, shooting that gorilla wasn't murder, because murder requires malice aforethought. The zookeeper didn't wake up that morning thinking, "Yep. I'm gonna kill a gorilla today, and here's how I'm gonna do it." There was a child in a gorilla compound, and the gorilla could:
    a/ Leave the child alone or maybe even look after him, or...
    b/ Kill the child, because an adult gorilla has enough strength to rip the arms off a grown man. That's right, Wookiee strength.
    ...and the zookeeper doesn't have the luxury of time to consider his options. He has to make an immediate decision. Wild animal expert Jack Hanna has even come out in support of the zoo's decision. Honestly, it's one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moments for the zoo. If they didn't shoot the gorilla and the infant is hurt or killed, then the zoo would be condemned for endangering or losing a human life. If they shoot the gorilla, then they're condemned for taking a gorilla life. Either decision sucks, they just had to quickly take what they considered to be the "less sucky" option (i.e. preserving the life of a human child over a gorilla's). You can be sure that the zoo took no pleasure in shooting that gorilla, and the guy who pulled the trigger may need counselling.

A school shooter is nothing more than a cold blooded killer. There is absolutely malicious intent. He would've been planning on the shooting for quite some time and planned it. Purchasing the gun(s) and ammunition, plotting where he would start and his movements, selecting targets and gunning people down. And for what reason? The zookeepers shot the gorilla to save a child, the school shooter isn't saving anyone... he's just murdering people for the sake of killing people. The school shooter wants to shoot people... the zookeepers never wanted the gorilla to die, but they felt that they had little other alternative. A tranquiliser would take 5-10 minutes to take effect and the instant pain from the tranq would enrage the beast. As smart as primates are, we must remember that even those born and raised in captivity are wild animals. These aren't domesticated pets, and there's a reason why even owning one as a pet is illegal in most parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

You did.
    Rest In Peace
    They need to make this into a short film. Even a short post-credit scene would be neat (perhaps as a dream)

I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

While in BigW on Thursday, I saw this in the books section... all three copies of this Lego book had its mini-figure stolen, but other Lego books still had theirs so this one must have had a flawed construction.

It's disappointing to see that sort of thing, more than stealing the whole item, as it pretty much makes it useless to those most wanting them.
    Like two weeks ago I saw in a ToysRUs, one of the new Rescue Bots mini-playsets (the police station one) had the dog ripped out of it.

At Supernova today, we counted 65 people cosplaying as Harley Quinn. 5 of them guys.

She's a popular girl.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    While in BigW on Thursday, I saw this in the books section... all three copies of this Lego book had its mini-figure stolen, but other Lego books still had theirs so this one must have had a flawed construction.

It's disappointing to see that sort of thing, more than stealing the whole item, as it pretty much makes it useless to those most wanting them.
    Like two weeks ago I saw in a ToysRUs, one of the new Rescue Bots mini-playsets (the police station one) had the dog ripped out of it.
    Aye matey, I think I located the missing Pirate Batman mini figure. It's a handsome loot tis well.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Aye matey, I think I located the missing Pirate Batman mini figure. It's a handsome loot tis well.
    I hope that's just a coincidence... but if the book is the only way to get this figure, it is fishy for someone in Australia to have three on their own (why would you need three books, or split them up)... and being within 30 minutes of this store, selling the same number of figures as the ones missing is suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    At Supernova today, we counted 65 people cosplaying as Harley Quinn. 5 of them guys.

She's a popular girl.
    MElbourne was full of them! and only one Joker I guess Supernova is *cosplay as the skimpiest popular character (of that year) * Definitely less Ivy's

If I was a skinny chick that could pull off a Harley Quinn costume, I probably would too.

but I'm not, so I don't.

If I was 20 KG lighter, I'd probably try to pull off a Phantom or Wolverine though.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    If I was a skinny chick that could pull off a Harley Quinn costume, I probably would too.

but I'm not, so I don't.

If I was 20 KG lighter, I'd probably try to pull off a Phantom or Wolverine though.
    If you got it...

And whatever "it" is I definitely don't have it.

Did see a Wolverine at Ozcomicon in Melbourne who pulled off a great simple movie Wolverine. Plain white singlet with great prop claws, hair and sideburns were done well and he didn't skip arm day. Only thing was he was comic height Wolverine doing a Jackman Wolvie. Still looked good.