Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BC12 panel - Hasbro products

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Even more Holy Crap- White Repaint of Big Convoy! ULTRA MAMMOTH! FINALLY!!
    Are you kidding?! That looks horrific!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I don't like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

What decides whether it will come out here?
    Roll of the dice but you never know, it may roll in our favor and make it here.

But Verno I've wanted that since I knew there was a Big Convoy toy.

(....Actually I've always wanted a Mammoth Ultra Magnus and Lion Optimus that combined ala GodFire convoy...but what ya gonna do?)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Kids and collectors are going to want the game accurate version and as an exclusive, collectors may have access but what about the kids?
    Pretty much. I'd have thought they'd have tried to cater to their main demographic, namely (parents of) kids.
    The sad bit is that if they do shelfwarm that'll probably be taken as 'big gestalts don't sell'.
    That's risky as there may not do a game accurate release if it's there already SDCC exclusive. Yes, they have broken that rule in the past but after years of the exclusive release.

What Tak-Tom is likely to do is a G1 color accurate exclusive which may be pretty good.
    Meh, that still works for me. My preferences in order are:
    1 - G2 homage...which this isn't. It's lurid but not so-lurid-it's-funny G2 lurid.
    2 - Game-accurate colours...at non-scalper prices.
    3 - G1 accurate colours, which chances are TakTom will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I don't like it either.
    ...And I 3rd that; it looks atrocious and really doesn't tickle my fancy at all, but then neither did the Nemesis repaint really.

FoC Accurate Bruticus being an SDCC exclusive is a little disappointing but not without merit; It's great that it'll exist and apparently the reasoning is that (According to Hasbro) Kids want crazy colours, collector's want accurate colours and hence the mainline will always take precedence being the main focus.

Disappointing to hear that the Dinobots are likely only to see a Grimlock figure being released.

MP-10 getting a full US release is an absoulte win for collectors and it was quite curious to note the heavily reduced packaging for him; Hopefully TRU Australia will pick him up and have prices that reflect their recent approaches with MP Rodimus.

The new head mold on TF:Prime Dead-End looks rather G2 Cyber-skullish, very cool and I'm like the colour scheme too; TF:Prime Airachnid looks awesome for a current-era Deluxe (Mass-wise) and I very much cannot wait for her to be released.

The show accurate TF:Prime Zombie-Cliffjumper looks amazing too; 1st edition ,old but again another SDCC exclusive - Somehow I don't see this figure having the same issues as last years SDCC Deluxe Prime in terms of being relegated to the Hasbro Online store and still not moving particularly well.

The Insecticon being a triple changer is rather intriguing; I really like the Kickback homage and that it is part-way IDW-verse & TF:Prime but with a Classicsverse aesthetic, I'm looking forward to some proper shots of the 'Bug' Alt mode though as I couldn't quite make out what the vehicle mode was trying to be...

Still no mention of a Soundwave Botshot...; This has been heavily mitigated though by the complete win of the unveiling of a new Generations Soundwave figure!, whom is a Voyager no-less and comes with an updated approach to the cassettes in the guise of 'Data-Disk' like canisters which Soundwave is able to fit 3 in his chest!

What's also amazing is that this also shows the revelation that Generations (Classicsverse) will be including the Voyager size class, this is a very welcomed piece of news as it opens many possibilities!

I'm also pleased to see that they intend on releasing double packs of additional 'Data-Disk' minions for the new Soundwave in the guise of Ratbat, Ravage, Frenzy & Rumble!

Disappointingly, very little to show for fans of Beast Wars beyond TFCC's Pre-Beast Wars Depth Charge which does look rather amazing; beyond this Tundertron (Whom apparently is a Beast-former) is the only other thing apart from TFCC's other exclusive in Ultra-Mammoth, a missed series of opportunites IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TFW2005 BC2012 Live Coverage

First Editions - the situation was out of Hasbro's control. Getting more of them out there is Hasbro's top priority now
    Uh-huh... and..?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Lots of interesting here. MP-10 and Soundwave were the ones that flagged my interest the most and and having now seen photos I'll have to pick them up ASAP. Although I'm a fan of the TakTom Masterpieces my biggest complaint is that the boxes dont have a viewing window so MIB/ MISB collecting means not ever really seeing the toy. Hasbro win here. And the update on Soundwave to have data disk minions - bought on sight. Or ebay. Or whatever the quickest method of obtaining them is!

how are the tfcc figures being released?
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

My Rants:

Hmm... And i just bought mp-10 a few weeks ago which ticks me off because the deco of this hasbro version is not that far from the TT one. Oh well.. for less than half the price I will grab one or 2 extra.

As for Generations... I was really hoping to see Grimlock reveal so was slighlty disappointed. The possibility of not all 5 dinobots is sucky- but this is Hasbro. As for the rest of FOC and generations, its just not grabbing me. The main issue is the shrinking in size. I mean shockwave being small next to classics deluxe bumblebee?

Soundwave sounded great, but looking at the design.. its not exciting me too much, although I might end up getting it to replace ML soundwave for classics(as blasphemous to me as that sounds) since it has compatability with cassettes! And they have soundblaster redeco! Now my PE frenzy rumble is redundant.

Finally FOC bruticus... what can I say that already hasnt been said by others. From my own perspective (as a biased collector) i am inclined to say that those neon garish colours will make them shelfwarm- I know as a kid I wanted as much accuracy as possible (although maybe Hasbro is right and kids dont care, but prefer it).

I might get the SDCC version if its not too pricey and easy to access- i.e. RK... If not then I will probably skip it and see how the Takara one turns out. I don't need it and the design honestly doesnt get me too excited but more getting it to support combiner from Has.

Hasbro also mentioned in the panel the potential of Devastator in the future if these sell well. Im not holding my breath, and Im indifferent either way as 3rd party has got me covered- but if bruticus shelfwarms giving Has the excuse not to make a Devy-f that would suck for those collectors who stick exclusively to Has/Tak.