Page 508 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 488498503504505506507508509510511512513518528 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Default back plates hot enough to fry breakfast on...

Is G1 Sunstreaker the only one wearing a spoiler on the back? Not that my cosplay needs more crap stuck on it, but I just kinda realised when i was going through my pics for reference for the sad little engine block that i tried to make. As they all differ, which helps me 0% and i don't have any back shots.
    You guys have reference books n comics and toy variations galore, so i come to you.

Do any of you collect vintage Transformer model kits?

I'm helping a friend look, but has any one ever seen the Sunstreaker and Red Alert model kits pictured in this catalogue?

Apparently, they have been released in Australia.

Thanks for reading.

~ HD

That's news to me... Looks interesting. I'd be keen to find those if they ended up being released (looks like a promo catalogue?).
    The only Gen1 model kits I ever saw were these ones...

...oh, and those jigsaw puzzle ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's news to me... Looks interesting. I'd be keen to find those if they ended up being released (looks like a promo catalogue?).
    The only Gen1 model kits I ever saw were these ones...

...oh, and those jigsaw puzzle ones too.
    hi Griffin, thanks for the thoughts.

That is indeed a 1980s promo catalogue of things that were proposed for release. Apparently the kits were never released (in the USA or UK), but there were rumours that they made it to AU (some AU person saying he's seen it).

So just helping a UK friend find out whether any one of you have indeed seen them or have them.

Is there any difference between the wst waves?
    except for the packaging of course.

wave 1 vs wave 2.5 starscream
    wave 1 vs wave 2.5 soundwave
    wave 2 GTF 06 Convoy Anime Version vs wave 2.5 CSV Convoy Container (anime trailer)

megatron wave 2/prime vs the VSX giftset versions

Wave 2.5 was mostly just re-release figures from earlier waves. It did include a new mould (Rodimus) and two recolours (Thundercracker & Anime Optimus), but each of those three were short-packed or Chases... while all the re-released figures were mass released.
    This page details the ones that were straight re-releases, and the ones that were different colours. Plus has some pics to look at too.
    (my favourite site for toy list archives)

When are the latest issues of MTMTE and RID released?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    When are the latest issues of MTMTE and RID released?
    Both are released once every 4 weeks on a Wednesday, alternating every two weeks.

MTMTE #8 just came this Wednesday, so it's next release is 19th September. RID's next issue is #9 and comes out on 5th September.

In the G1 cartoon Universe, can the Matrix grant life to new Transformers?

The Comics are seemingly rife with the Matrix being able to do this, but I can't find any reference to the Matrix being able to do this in the toon. It seems the only thing that can give new life to a TF is Vector Sigma, as we see in The Key to Vector Sigma parts 1 and 2.

If VS is the only place where a new TF life can be created, why is it not a more heavily guarded place? Surely if you control it, you control the number of troops that can be created and thus over time through sheer weight of numbers you would win the war?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    In the G1 cartoon Universe, can the Matrix grant life to new Transformers?

The Comics are seemingly rife with the Matrix being able to do this, but I can't find any reference to the Matrix being able to do this in the toon. It seems the only thing that can give new life to a TF is Vector Sigma, as we see in The Key to Vector Sigma parts 1 and 2.

If VS is the only place where a new TF life can be created, why is it not a more heavily guarded place? Surely if you control it, you control the number of troops that can be created and thus over time through sheer weight of numbers you would win the war?
    I don't know of a time in the G1 cartoon continuity where the Matrix granted life, however, just because it never happened on screen doesn't mean it couldn't. most of the life creation episodes were before the movie I think...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)