Thread: Assorted upcoming Japanese exclusives

Default Assorted upcoming Japanese exclusives

A number of Japanese exclusives have been shown off, for upcoming conventions and store promotions.

The Transformers Expo that starts August 9th (until August 17th) has a number of exclusives and early-release items listed...

Age of Extinction Movie Advanced Series Evasion Nemesis Prime
    Movie Advanced Series Voyager class Black Knight Grimlock
    A reissued Masterpiece Sideswipe, sans Autobot symbol on his chest
    Q Transformers Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, cute little Choro Q versions of their Movie vehicles
    A new lineup called the "Legends Commander Series". The first four releases will be new releases of Robot Masters G1 Optimus Prime, Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Beast Wars Second Lio Convoy, with the fourth slot taken by a redeco of Age of Extinction One Step Changer Optimus Prime.
    ToysRUs Japan exclusive Voyager Rusty Optimus Prime... released August 8th.

Another ToysRUs Japan exclusive, coming out in November, is another toy in the ""Breakout Battle" set - Rollbar. Like the Voyager Optimus, it'll probably have slightly different colours to the Hasbro version.

Black Knight Dinobots and Wheeljack. To go with the black knight Grimlock toy from Japan, there look to be two more - Slug and Scorn - exclusive to a number of Japanese stores in November.
    The Wheeljack as noted in a previous news posting, is an Aeon store exclusive in August, but we get a nice new image of the toy.

The black knight thing isn't doing it for me. I'd rather they have the silver with faded green for Grimlock, orange for Slug, red for Scorn and blue for Strafe. Too dark.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Yet another purchase incentive in Japan for Movie toys, this time for August (which is when the Movie finally comes out there)... after purchase incentives being released in May and July.

This time it is just a single figure, a translucent purple Generations Payload (the figure that came with Cosmos), to be called Astrotrain... given free with a 3,000yen (about AU$35) purchase of movie toys at ToysRUs in Japan.

I actually really like that little guy. I might see what the secondary market cost of Astrotrain ends up being.