Thread: New movie Voyagers revealed (SPOILERS)

Default New movie Voyagers revealed (SPOILERS)

From TFW:

Thanks to the Facebook page of Transformers Columbia we have our first images of the Dinobot Slog in-package as well as our first images of the Voyager Drift mold that has been rumored. Because the alt-mode choice of Drift here (and subsequent mold choice) can be considered movie spoilers, please only view the images if you want nothing spoiled for you! If you don't mind being spoiled slightly, Drift is in his helicopter mode, which will be using the Dark of the Moon Skyhammer mold (does this mean the Cyclonus rumor has a chance?).

(I have highlighted and recoloured parts of the above to hide spoilers).

Anyway, one of the voyagers is Slog, who still looks just as cool as he did before.

EDIT: Deleted the quote tags to better hide spoilers.
    Last edited by Zommael; 22nd May 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Just saw the new Drift... wtf?

Oo, don't know about either of those, eh.

So maybe Drift does change sides in this film at some point, and thus changes Alt mode too?

Ridiculous name for a that alt mode?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So maybe Drift does change sides in this film at some point, and thus changes Alt mode too?

Ridiculous name for a that alt mode?
    Why couldn't that be a different character? What a waste.

The car toys are Autobots, and this toy is still labelled as "Autobot" Drift, and the Nikko Helicopter has an Autobot symbol on it too (if it is Drift).

Not sure how this ended up becoming a possible spoiler on fansites. I think when that Nikko helicopter was being kept so secretive at first, fans assumed that it must have been something massive with the plot.... but I think it was probably just that the trademark wasn't ready for the RC toy or the product couldn't be solicited so early.

The odd thing is that we don't see anything of Drift in the trailers, so it would be funny if the character isn't in the movie much (like Jolt in TF2) and doesn't even have a helicopter mode (and it was just Hasbro's way of reusing the Skyhammer mould).
    If there was something significant about the character, like a master swordsman or changing sides, you'd expect something highlighted in the trailers somewhere... especially since Optimus keeps getting featured in trailers of the other movies, slicing through Decepticons.

As this is just a remould and redeco of a DOTM toy I really doubt it's got anything to do with the story.

It's not like repaints have ever appeared in the movies before...

That's true, but we saw reused Blackout, Bonecrusher and Brawl because they were reusing existing CGI (to save money & time)... in the case of Drift, there was no movie CGI character, so isn't a plausible repaint to recycle that toy mould.
    In TF2 we had a few Springer toys as helicopters before the movie came out, but it was just a red herring... so maybe this is just another one (maybe someone at Hasbro likes Helicopters, as each movie has had a helicopter toy that wasn't in the movie - Incinerator, Springer, Skyhammer... now Drift?)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Incinerator
    That was a cool toy. I have the black Takara version, but don't like the Allspark Blue so much. Unfortunately the spinning blade gimmick is jammed, I might take him apart to see if I can get it working again.