Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Movie toy pics and reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Further posts in the linked tfw thread show Evasion Prime to be bigger than DotM Megatron and possibly as big as Classics voyager Prime - maybe the lack of bulk gives it a small feel.
    That kinda proves it is smaller than average Voyagers.
    The Classics Voyager Optimus was noted from the very beginning by Hasbro designers that it was too small for a Voyager, but too big for a Deluxe (to make a profit from that size-class price point), so they tried to bulk it up as much as possible with the two guns. (I guess the robot mode had to be in scale with Megatron and other Deluxes, which left the truck and total mass a bit small for Voyager)

And DOTM Megatron has a quarter of its bulk in the mechtech weapon, making the robot a lot smaller than previous movie Voyager Megatrons (which was likely to be a strategic gimmick to reduce the size of the actual figures from then on by including a large weapon in that year to give the total "product" the same size, but then following years the toy remains the same without a large weapon).
    2007 TF1 VOY Megatron - 226gms
    2009 TF2 VOY Megatron - 209gms
    2011 TF3 VOY Megatron - 120gms (plus 45gms for the mechtech gun & rubber cloak)
    Even including the accessories, the third movie toy was still smaller by 40-60gms (about 20%) on the first two.

Looks like some stores in Canada are also being sent stock too early, and they are not noting the embargo date on the toy boxes. Some first wave Voyagers and Deluxes appearing at Walmart in Canada... which is surprising to see Walmart let those slip through, as they would be a big enough chain to prevent that from happening (unlike Toyworlds here, Walmart are so integrated and have so many levels for the stock to go through before it walks out the door, so this should have been picked up before it even got to the store shelves).
    And considering the amount of attention Hasbro Australia got from Hasbro HK and Hasbro America when our Movie toys appeared at Toyworlds, there should have been a tightening of procedures at Hasbro warehouses around the world.

The deluxes actually look pretty good. Slug and Crosshairs are cool, Scorn is BEAUTIFUL. Bumblebee looks a bit disproportioned, but that's to be expected. Looking forward to them. Evasion Op looks pretty cool too.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Reviews and images of the first wave Deluxes and the One-step Optimus.

In case anyone has missed it, Walmart in Canada has made the error of releasing some of the AoE figures early, and as a result some reviews are up on youtube of some of the first wave toys.

This news was also released on TFW2005.com and Seibertron.com.

Here are some links and credits:

- Voyager Optimus Evasion Mode (Darryl Laughy)
    - Voyager Grimlock (Vangelus)
    - Deluxe Slug (Vangelus)
    - Deluxe Scorn (Vangelus)
    - Deluxe Crosshairs (allanmonster111)

Crosshairs is quite disappointing, although it seems a lot of people like him. The other figures look amazing though, and I can't wait to get my hands on them in May!

I didn't have any interest in buying yet another movie Prime, but that video sold me on the toy. Check towards the end for a g1 size comparison. Despite smaller size for the movie toys, Evasion Prime is actually BIGGER
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The one I'm most excited for is Crosshairs, definitely getting him first day.

Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

the version of evasion prime that has the red shoulders and grey/silver biceps is way better than the blue shoulders version, takara?

So many AOE toys are showing up on ebay now, with many from Canada as more stores seem to be putting the toys straight on shelves as soon as they arrive (either not noticing or caring about the embargo date if they are short on space to sit on stock for over a month).

One person is trying to sell 4 DLX, 2 VOY and 3 Titans (the non-transformable ones) for over a GRAND!
    That's US$140 of toys listed on ebay for US$1080.... damn, scalperish much?

So far, those really keen on the TF4 movie toys could have been able to get wave one of the following from different countries...
    - Deluxe (Bbee, Crosshairs, Scorn, Slug)
    - Voyager (Grimlock, Optimus)
    - Titan 12 inch (Drift, Lockdown, Bbee, Optimus)
    - Construct Bots Riders (Bbee, Lockdown, Drift, Optimus)
    - Construct Bots Dinobots (Slug, Grimlock, Strafe)
    - Flip-n-Change (Optimus, Grimlock)
    And maybe some of the other gimmick lines as well.