Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two Masterpiece toys for Australia

[QUOTE=griffin;456414]If the word "translated" wasn't used by Goktimus on the Facebook announcement, this wouldn't have drawn out the trolls or confused non-Australians, QUOTE]
    HAhaha, since when has specific wording not drawn out the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And what is with the latin on all of them?
    You might as well put Mayan on it, or any other obscure language to the target market of these (Australians).
    Why not just use Cybertronian if you are going to have the English under it?
    I kind of agree with this question, but at the same time it suits magnus and from what I've read otherwise, it might suit starsabre as well.

Otherwise I completely agree with everything Hursticon said.
    I tried watching some of the Stuff with Star Sabre in it before pre-orders went up and it was OK but the character didn't grab me so I skipped out on this masterpiece. the first new mold masterpiece I've never purchased.

knowing that the English translation reflects the IDW character makes me more interested in the toy, I may end up picking this guy up. The Transformation gimmicks are cool, I just had to draw the line in the sand somewhere, it just looks like that line might be shifting...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm pleased the bio is using an IDW adaption of Star Saber because a) I know nothing about the Japanese continuity and b) IDW is a really great approach to the character. But for those hating on the decision, you know you can always create your own backstory and play with the toy the way you see fit.

The latin approach seems like a classy way to do the motto. Even those most people can't read latin, (in the same way many Japanese can't read English) its smart and fancy looking.

I really hope though that they'll include the English booklet though, as there's been some concern we might not get the english translation for Ultra Magnus.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I tried to detail on TFW what Goktimus explained here about the decision process, but some people are determined to dispute anyone who doesn't accept that, since the Victory cartoon was released on DVD a few years ago (two decades after it was created just for the Japanese market), the Japanese version of Star Saber is now the Western version... because, you know, a limited DVD release for the die-hard fans 20+ years later has now officially retconned the entire Japanese cartoon series into the Western cartoon universe as if it was always intended to be for the American market in the 1980s.

Choosing the IDW version for Star Saber makes the Australian exclusive MP Bios consistently "Western"... as I recall Ultra Magnus was similarly only focusing on the Hasbro events instead of the Japanese Headmaster events.

I think the name should have remained the same though, as the pre-existing Hasbro Star Saber name from Armada was chosen because of the pre-existing Japanese name... which Hasbro spelt the same for the Western Markets, so this one didn't need to be different to the Hasbro precedent.

A pity that we couldn't buy (or acquire legally) copies of the Australian exclusive booklets, as these will become those rare collectables that a small number of fans are going to spend big to collect.

And as far as I can recall, if these booklets are not included in the Hasbro HK boxes as well, they would be the only toy-related item that we could actually call an Australian exclusive.
    Now to get something that's actually a toy that is an Australian exclusive...

[mod] Guys can we skip the spelling thing. Not saying Gok's wrong or right - but given that Hasbro gave us Scattor I think this is a petty thing to get worked up about.[/mod]

It's actually very cool of Hasbro Australia that they're going to the effort of getting this stuff translated (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    HAhaha, since when has specific wording not drawn out the trolls

I kind of agree with this question, but at the same time it suits magnus and from what I've read otherwise, it might suit starsabre as well.
    lols, and I agree. In the Dreamwave comic, there were statues of Star Sabre in the background as well as Dai Atlus iirc, kind of giving the feeling they were ancianet warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    [mod] Guys can we skip the spelling thing. Not saying Gok's wrong or right - but given that Hasbro gave us Scattor I think this is a petty thing to get worked up about.[/mod]
    Ha ha ha well said. Plus sabre is a french word.

Sowwy boss...

Congrats Australia on getting another exclusive, and I hope that Hasbro keep on giving them to you.

Congrats GoktimusPrime for the on-going work.

f*****n nerds lol
    Last edited by Bartrim; 6th February 2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Edited out swearing

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    f*****n nerds lol
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)