Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from a budding collector!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I would urge you to reconsider. Reasons include:
    * You may be able to purchase a cheaper MP10 second hand (I sold my Hasbro MP10 for $150 loose complete with box) or negotiate with a seller to pay by installments
    * Personal standards. You can take pride that the MP10 standing in your collection (and being played with in your hands ) is the genuine article and not some filthy fake.
    * Supporting creators. As a budding engineer yourself I'm sure that you can appreciate the work and effort that goes into the design process. Buying legit toys supports Hasbro/TakaraTOMY and hard working employees like Hasui Shogo etc. You also would not be supporting thieves who profit by stealing other people's work and deceiving collectors.
    Funny you should mention this because I wholeheartedly agree with all these points and I WILL definitely get the MP10 in the near future. I have spent almost 2-3 hours just looking at his amazing reviews and he remains at the top of my list in terms of MISB collectibles.

As an extremely new collector and one who is just coming to grips with the eye watering number of collectibles out there, the MP10, from what I have heard everywhere, is the ultimate and definitive figure of the most famous transformer there is.

My reasons for wanting to get the KO version purely stems from the fact that I will never have to worry about accidentally scuffing or breaking a $250 figure.

Welcome to the boards.

Re-discovering is so much fun although it can dent the wallet.

Definitely stay on the hunt for an MP10. He's a glorious figure in all his forms and well worth the investment. I'm sure in time you'll find a collector on these boards who might have one to let go at a reasonable price. You'll definitely get a better deal here than through places like eBay.

I have a high end fake MP10 (ironic terminology I know) I use to educate people with and I can assure you he is inferior by far to the real versions despite aesthetically having more detail on him. He's a huge regret purchase for me. I was in the same situation as you contemplating what to get, which is why I made the mistake of getting the fake. I'll never make that mistake again which is why I wanted to share my experience with you. I now have several MP10's and they are all great fun both visually and for playability, especially when you add another Masterpiece figure or 2 into the mix.

I hope you enjoy your time here. There are bunch of great people on these boards - incredibly knowledgable and great guys to chat to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Welcome to the boards.

Re-discovering is so much fun although it can dent the wallet.

Definitely stay on the hunt for an MP10. He's a glorious figure in all his forms and well worth the investment. I'm sure in time you'll find a collector on these boards who might have one to let go at a reasonable price. You'll definitely get a better deal here than through places like eBay.

I have a high end fake MP10 (ironic terminology I know) I use to educate people with and I can assure you he is inferior by far to the real versions despite aesthetically having more detail on him. He's a huge regret purchase for me. I was in the same situation as you contemplating what to get, which is why I made the mistake of getting the fake. I'll never make that mistake again which is why I wanted to share my experience with you. I now have several MP10's and they are all great fun both visually and for playability, especially when you add another Masterpiece figure or 2 into the mix.

I hope you enjoy your time here. There are bunch of great people on these boards - incredibly knowledgable and great guys to chat to.
    Cheers for the welcome Bladestorm!! My wallet is definitely not going to be too happy

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Provost