Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Last edited by kup; 7th November 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks for the extensive demo kup, Im glad I got the V2 of Grayskull. The voice they used is kinda annoying, doesnt fit grayskull's theme at all, should have been more lower voiced, kinda like unicron but V1 has that like a Sports announcer like voice. Plus the gimmicks are easier to activate . I really need to put some batteries in my Grayskull to test out the gimmicks.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

In the original MOTU cartoon, was there a character hidden within an episode and then revealed at the end (possibly by Orko), as kind of a game for kids to play?

I recall a cartoon from my childhood doing this - i'm not sure if it was MOTU though! If not MOTU, anyone got any ideas? I can't even be certain if it was a cartoon favourite of mine or my sisters, like Care Bears or something!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    In the original MOTU cartoon, was there a character hidden within an episode and then revealed at the end (possibly by Orko), as kind of a game for kids to play?

I recall a cartoon from my childhood doing this - i'm not sure if it was MOTU though! If not MOTU, anyone got any ideas? I can't even be certain if it was a cartoon favourite of mine or my sisters, like Care Bears or something!
    It was from the She-Ra Princess of Power cartoon. During a scene at any point, Loo-Kee would hide in the background. At the end of the episode he would appear, give you another chance to find him and then tell you the moral of the story just as He-Man (and other characters) did in Masters of the Universe.

Here is an example (although they change the voice pitch on this one from high to low pitch to show the actual actor voice - High pitch is the actual character voice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FO-k3wBrGs

Thanks! I'm glad it wasn't Care Bears They should still have those after show messages these days IMO... i imagine they were introduced back then because the shows were blatant toy adverts, but they had some good things for easily influenced kids to hear.

Do MOTUC KOs exist? I have seen odd loose figures with missing accessories from Chinese vendors which otherwise look correct.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Do MOTUC KOs exist? I have seen odd loose figures with missing accessories from Chinese vendors which otherwise look correct.
    I had always wondered this to as I have seen these loose figures from chinese vendor on ebay,I remember before hordak was released there was one on ebay and it went for like $300 or something crazy,Then I just thought that maybe these people had people working in the factories where they were made and were stealing the odd figures from the production line and selling them on ebay this one person in particular also had all the JLU ones for sale before they were released on Matty???Strange but maybe they are knock-offs

They're not knockoffs, they're of exactly the same ilk as the loose Transformers that are sold on eBay from China - stolen from the factory.

Guess there are knock-off out there then