Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Voltron Classics Line

I assume no one ended up getting a subscription to buy Voltron????
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    I assume no one ended up getting a subscription to buy Voltron????
    Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    LOL...talk about bad advertising move indeed!
    oh well... i already paid for a subscription well before this vid was released. live and learn.
    not sure about others here, but i'm all in. pot committed mate.

It was a real shame that Toynami in their time with Voltron never re-made the Vehicle Force. Toynami did make the Lion Force anniversary set for which I purchased.

As such, I always wanted a Vehicle Force but the quality was so dispersed wiht missing pieces and price was an issue.

However a couple of weeks ago on EBAY I found a pretty good Voltron Vehicle Force.

This Voltron did not have instructions or a box, however on the net, I found some website – "Angelfire" that had the old Voltron and some basic instructions.

As you can see from pictures from EBAY, this was filthy.

If they cleaned the thing there could have been more interest.

I asked the seller about this toy. The story was that this belonged to her brother and it sat in the bedroom closet for years. She advised that the right arm had a scratch when in fact the clip on the hand was broken. As such the hand wont lock in. To fix this, I took the relevant vehicle apart and removed the spring. I put some tape on the hand so that it locked into the vehicle.
    I considered complaining, but this was a bargain at $160 given that age and condition. So I just shut up and gave her a good comment. You don’t see that many Voltrons in such good condition.

Anyway it arrived today and I set back cleaning this thing. It took ages. I used water and paper towels.

Here they are all disassembled.

I started making the teams:

Sea Team

Land Team

Air Team

Here is the Vehicle Force Voltron all assembled together.

As you can see the EBAY photos didnt do Voltron justice. A good clean really picked him up.

Hot Damn Mr Ed! That is a good find! I always preferred Vehicle Voltron over the Lions!

Lol! I forgot about the combined teams. Man it's been years since I watched V Voltron! Might have a looksee. Lionforce always puts me to sleep before the end of every ep. Without fail!!

One day I will have a shiny metal V Voltron to stand next to my Lions! One day....

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Nice clean-up job!

It was a real shame that Toynami in their time with Voltron never re-made the Vehicle Force. Toynami did make the Lion Force anniversary set for which I purchased.
    Toynami actually did make a Vehicle Voltron toy ... two, in fact. One was a vinyl figure, the other was a Shogun figure. However, neither of them were transformable.

Pity Toynami didn't make a Masterpiece Vehicle Voltron. I would have been all over that in a forkin' heartbeat.

I always preferred Vehicle Voltron over the Lions!
    Ditto.

Opps sorry was a bit unclear.

I own the Toynami vinyls of Lion and Vehicle force too!

Might get them all together for a family shot soon!

Wow Ed!
    For an utterly absurd gestalt, the sheer number of vehicles and pilots involved I've always found comical with Vehicle Force , he is an awesome looking toy robot and that specimen looks amazing after your attentive cleansing man!

Attentive cleaning is an understatement!!!!

Where there were grooves and dust form, I removed it. Then I lovingly dried it.

Really dumb of seller to not have cleaned it. The chrome is remarkably in top condition

Only other bummer are some tyres are cracking but that is expected of a toy this age. Does anyone know where I could possibly find replacement rubber tyres????

Some (bad) news from Matty Collector - they re-opened subs (obviously cause of low sales)... but with a new caveat for on-the-day buyers too.
    You can only get the lions WITH their partners now.
    BAH! I was only considering the human figures! Man what a monumental cock-up this has been!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Some (bad) news from Matty Collector - they re-opened subs (obviously cause of low sales)... but with a new caveat for on-the-day buyers too.
    You can only get the lions WITH their partners now.
    BAH! I was only considering the human figures! Man what a monumental cock-up this has been!
    Bureaucratic Bulls*** is what it is, they were asking too much for them in the first place, then they used them to sell subscriptions and now they're limiting consumer choice...
    ...And people say HasTakTom are bad.