Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KOs of 1987 Japanese exclusive Headmaster Heads + more

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    That Netherlands guy - gerrutcamaro is an ebay seller of TFs - I just recently bought from him - AM G1s. Hmmm guess if it shows up in his list I know Im not buying originals then..
    yup, I bought from gerrutcamaro before too. Actually, I can recognise a lot of the IDs of the people buying this set as matching sellers' IDs on eBay. I think rule of thumb is that if its a loose Headmaster head, there is a good chance that its not the real thing.

Like Kup said, I don't think these repros will actually devalue the actual heads, the problem with the actual heads are that no one can actually find any!

hmmm wonder when are they getting around to the JApan only dino cassettrons? bet those would sell like original priced and faster than you can blink...KO notwithstanding
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm wonder when are they getting around to the JApan only dino cassettrons? bet those would sell like original priced and faster than you can blink...KO notwithstanding
    I did hear that they are. Maybe the people the bid the highest on the Dino casettes on eBay are actually KO-ers intending to reverse engineer them

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I did hear that they are. Maybe the people the bid the highest on the Dino casettes on eBay are actually KO-ers intending to reverse engineer them
    hmmm guess they have money to burn... but also if you think about it, they're gonna surely slug it price wise( to recuperate the loss they paid for the dino cassettrons)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Having handled these at BotCon I'm very tempted to buy a set - the quality is excellent, but you can instantly tell they aren't original from the rivets, let alone the lack of copyrights, which is something I greatly appreciate.

To this date does anyone know of any KO headmaster warriors that include the date stamps?
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

He's listed another 10 sets at $80 a go, I caved. I feel bad about it, but at least they aren't trying to pass them off as genuine figures. If they were I would've passed.

It's an awesome set, easy to tell apart from the legit ones too. For rare items like this a KO will have zero impact on value of originals.

It's not the value I'm worried about, I just don't like KOs that try to look genuine out of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHandsomeCrab View Post
    He's listed another 10 sets at $80 a go, I caved. I feel bad about it, but at least they aren't trying to pass them off as genuine figures. If they were I would've passed.
    I know the feeling. I caved too. I still feel bad about it. I'll see how it goes.