Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Title" Option in card-detail-forms

Default "Title" Option in card-detail-forms

Sorry about the vague topic header there folks, but I just signed up for a "Woolworths everyday rewards" card. In the online form details bit, it has the option of selecting your title (Mr. Mrs. Dr. etc etc). Normally I just use "Mr." Being of no particular importance, but today I thought Bugger this I am gonna be Captain Tetsuwan Convoy (but I used my real name).

Just curious to know if there are any legal ramifications for this type of thing. Not that I really care all that much as its just a lame thing for woolies, but I can imagine it being a bad thing to do on one's tax declaration.
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 10th April 2008 at 02:05 PM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

You should ask dirge about some of the titles he adds to people's bank details.

Isn't that right His Excellency?

Anyone ever seen the list of titles available on the eTax system? It has like, Archdeacon. How many Archdeacons are out there??!?

I sent out a statement to a work colleague as "Able Seaman Tetsuwan Convoy" (well, his real name). He got a shock (:

Hmm.. I know of a few OzFormers who bank at my bank... . o O ( evil thoughts )

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Thats starnge about the job titles on the tax file system, as they don't even have a good selection of job titles to choose from and no "0ther" option. My job title is missing (projectionist) so I always have to selct "general cinema worker" (which I am not really) or I go for "technician- other."

do what i do

Say you are a captain in the anarchist army

NoNo, this isn't a list of occupations, TC, this is a list of _titles_. As in, Archdeacon Tetsuwan Convoy. They had Rear Admiral, Count and all sorts of obscure stuff!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I'd love to see "Prophet" as a title.

Prophet Trunks has a ring to it, doesn't it.

Don't know what I would prophecize though...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

When I used to work at John Newell Mazda one of my jobs was creating files for new customers and in the title section we had all those obscure titles. I found most of them to be of either a military or religious nature.

I like the sound to Prophet Trunks. Sounds like a man who knows what he's on about.

Just looking through our system they have titles for probably every military rank, titles for probably all religious positions (even Swarmi, but no Prophet, you can be a Prior though), a number of titles for law positions (including courts, strangely though, no Detectives) plus your basic Mr/Mrs/Miss etc.

Occupation wise, they need seriously updating. They updated the business codes a few years ago and took some major steps backwards there so I almost dread what they'd do if they decide to update occupations.
    Last edited by Burn; 11th April 2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Bad grammar!

Someone complained to my work recently that we were asking for a title on our form at all. She didn't want to have to select one, not even a basic Ms/Miss/Mrs.