Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

So decided to not be as lazy and post some pics.

Didn't take photos of everything this month (no Kreo Sideswipe or G1 Flywheels) but did get photos of the important stuff!

So I thought I had finished up my BW Showcast figures when I managed to acquire a Takara Tigatron in very good condition for about $30 posted. Complete Lasorbeak arrived later, I'm a sucker for brightly coloured TF's.

Next up is my "actual" last BW showcast figure.

And finally one of my grails, to finish off my favourite sub series:

Skyquake in all his neon glory to lead his fellow Predator jets and Stalker against the Turbomasters!
    He is not in mint condition, one of the tabs on the gold plastic connected to his viewfinder is cracked, but since he is highly susceptible to gps it was likely to go sooner rather than later anyway.

So all in all, great start to the year for me!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Heh, that's funny... I just got myself a BW Neo Hydra last month, and now you got a Lazorbeak. Heh.

(yeah, simple things amuse simple minds )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Heh, that's funny... I just got myself a BW Neo Hydra last month, and now you got a Lazorbeak. Heh.
    I still need to acquire both of those figs.

Congrats though Trunks, massively!
    I have an acquisition of my own to show but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Well, I finally should post pictures of my Grail

Congratulations! That is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I still need to acquire both of those figs.
    They're just repaints of Terrorsaur (with slight retool for the rub sign) and neither of them had memorable canonical appearances IMO. Lazorbeak never came out in Australia and I was no longer living in Japan when BW Neo came out; and at that time I was more interested in purchasing new moulds from BW Neo like Big Convoy, Magmatron, Sharp Edge, Heinlad, Longrack etc. - and I was still a student at the time, so my spending power was more limited - so repaints like Lazorbeak/Hydra just weren't on my wants list. And actually, they've never really been real wants for me... but I was in Osaka (Hero Gangu) and I saw Hydra sitting there for cheap (cos he was loose with no box or anything - but he had his gun )... so I thought, yeah, I'll get that for the equivalent of a few dollars. And Tiger Convoy and I haggled for a discount for everyone who purchased at the Jan Osaka Meet so we all got 17% off the total sale price too So I think I paid... gee, maybe $2-3?

So yeah, neither of them are toys I'd go out of my way to get... but cos the opportunity came up to grab one for cheap, I took it (which is pretty much my usual policy for out-of-production toys in general anyway ). If I see a Lazorbeak or Hydra at Parra Fair or anything, I'll be sure to let you know (if you haven't already seen and grabbed it before I see it! ).

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Congratulations! That is awesome!!
    He truly is a masterpiece. So stoked I finally have one, and it is the first time seeing one in person as well, so a bonus

Today's haul: I found a used general goods store near my Jr High, which inexplicably had a US Rodimus Minor going for 780 Yen. I wasn't going to get him, but for 780 Yen I figured I might as well...and he's really fun. Looks like the Odieverse has a new Hot Rod.
    Got another Misato while I was there as well. Not sure where to put this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Today's haul: I found a used general goods store near my Jr High, which inexplicably had a US Rodimus Minor going for 780 Yen. I wasn't going to get him, but for 780 Yen I figured I might as well...and he's really fun. Looks like the Odieverse has a new Hot Rod.

- Sealed box of Myclones series 2

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Got my TF: Prime Japanese First Edition Optimus Prime in the post today! What a BRILLIANT figure One of the best OPs ever!!