Thread: Will Takara's Masterpiece Starscream G1 colours be different to Hasbro's?

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Will Takara's Masterpiece Starscream G1 colours be different to Hasbro's?

Will Takara's Masterpiece Starscream G1 colours be different to Hasbro's?

I already have the Hasbro Version of MP starscream, but im thinking of placing a pre-order for the Takara Version which is due out in Feb.

Does anyone know if it will differ to Hasbro's offering? I am particularly interested in whether or not it will come in the traditional Takara MP packaging or just the Hasbro 'classics' style packaging.

If i pre-order now and I can get it for around $100AUD landed, this will probably go up if the Takara version is alot better than the hasbro version.

also can anyone tell me what this is:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...scream2060.jpg

i found it on a pre-sale auction of MP starscream, but the seller doesnt know much about the product or image itself.

The picture looks like an early Kitbash as the paint has a very matt finish, maybe one of the Green Screams before anyone knew that the anime version was coming out.
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 23rd January 2008 at 02:16 PM.

I would say that it will be the same minus the grime/battle damage.

Its being called USA edition and in Classics like packaging so chances are that it will be almost the same.
    ________
    Belladonna shemale
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:51 PM.

That image is Spencer's custom from a while ago. It's a wip photo which is why it is missing the intake fans and has no other detailing besides the color stripes on the wings.

There are a few pictures on the net showing minor color changes that could be the real Japanese edition but nothing concrete has been released. All official pics so far include the scorch marks and black conncetion hinges. No mention of any changes to the box design except a sticker declaring the product official Transformers procuct as was seen on the Japanese Movie toy packs.

The only thing I know that is different is that Takara's version has a Decepticon symbol on the nose like the original G1 toy.