Thread: Trying to find out the value of my collection!!!

Default Trying to find out the value of my collection!!!

Hey guys,

I need some help, I have roughly 400 mixed transformers ranging from G1 still boxed and un boxed, MPs, Movie, Energon, Armada, RID, Platinum, G2 you name it, but I need a hand!!!

In a couple of weeks I will be getting all my Transformers from storage / on display / in cupboards and photographing them and getting them added to my house hold insurance. Is there a set valuation guide that you guys would recommend (I have checked out TFL) that I can go off or one you guys have used so I can value my collection (possibly in AUS dollars) and then let my insurance company know the value,

Thanks in advance!!!

Gezza

I don't think there are any toy appraisers in Australia... so maybe post up a complete list (with conditions or completeness) and photos of the collection, and some of us who are more experienced with toy collecting and second hand buying/selling can give you a rough value range for you to consider (which can be a big range, as quick replacement will cost you a lot more if you want your items in a hurry, compared to if you are willing to spend a few months or years hunting down replacements at the best price).
    A replacement value might also depend on if you want to replace a lost collection, or to just be compensated for a certain amount and then use the money on other things by not collecting again.... because the higher the value you declare, the higher the insurance premiums.

For example, a 1984 Optimus...
    Quick replacement - could be as much as $5,000 to win an ebay auction of a sealed original.
    Slow replacement - wait for a cheap listing or auction, or one that is not sealed, which could be about $500.
    Non-replacement - assign a value that you'd want paid to you, but not to replace the toy as you don't want to collect anymore.

The higher the value that you choose, the higher the insurance premiums... so you might even just allocate a value based on what you can afford to pay in extra insurance.

Also have a browse of this topic, for some other people's experiences with insuring their collection.

Thanks heaps for the quick reply,

Yeah its definitely going to be tricky to put a value on the lot of them but when I take the photos ill post the images up so others can view them and check them out.

Thanks again
    Gezza

I'll buy it for $5

I'd say maybe some pics

A good but very time consuming way is on ebay search the item you are after and then tick on sold listings, this will show you that item and what it has sold for over time, you could even factor in postage costs too for the valuation.

Transformerland.com have a historical graphical representation of prices he has sold figures for http://www.transformerland.com/trans...ice-guide.html
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)