View Poll Results: Do you prefer to buy Combiners as

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • A box or giftset

16 80.00%
  • Individually-carded/boxed figures

4 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you prefer to buy Combiners as individually-carded figures or as box sets?

I prefer individual, with the caveat they come out. I can imagine buying three of the five because the final two didn't make it would be annoying.

Here in Japan, I really wanted Sky Lynx and Roller, but didn't care about the rest. I didn't want to fork out the big bucks for the set just for those two. Also, I really wanted to play with one of the small aerialbots, but again, didn't like superion enough to want the set. As a result I didn't experience the mould until Blackwing/TheOtherguy came out. Turns out I like that mould.

In a way, TT's distribution is nice. They released all the Terrorcons at the same time, so you can grab them all at once. However, the Dinobots were slpit up. But at least with TT, they provide dates when things are in shops and it's pretty reliable.

Hasbro's enslavement to the retailers messes up that and that would annoy me greatly.

I like gift sets for the established combiner teams like the Aerialbots, Constructicons, etc. For new combiners made from old characters like Lynxmaster, Grand Galvatron or whatever Elita One's team is called I normally prefer individual, though a box set of Dinobots would have been welcome even though I have zero interest in their combined form.

Overall I guess that means I prefer box sets.

Hmm soft or hard tacos... Why not both!

I voted giftsets, because I like the convenience of getting the whole team in one hit, but only for pre-existing combiner teams like the protectobots and aerialbots. Characters shoe-horned into a line-wide combiner gimmick like Prowl and Moonracer i’d prefer to pickup individually.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Im literally in the same position as FP.

I want Abominus, I'm happy to pay RRP for it.

I'm not exactly time-poor, but I'm not that interested in the set to go and track down individual figures across multiple waves over half a year to complete it, especially given our shitty distribution in AU.

I'd buy a box set in a heartbeat.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

FatalityPitt Guest

I've decided to order Sludge and Snarl online. I've already gotten the other three Dinobots, so I feel like I've committed myself to completing Volcanus. My OCD won't let me settle with an amputee Volcanus, nor individual Dinobots with combiner ports that serve no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Im literally in the same position as FP.

I want Abominus, I'm happy to pay RRP for it.

I'm not exactly time-poor, but I'm not that interested in the set to go and track down individual figures across multiple waves over half a year to complete it, especially given our shitty distribution in AU.

I'd buy a box set in a heartbeat.
    Abominus would be cool to have, and similar to you; I would have gotten the Terrorcons if I could find them all in one place. But if I have to wait for months between wave releases, and go on state-wide Easter egg hunts to get all five; it's not worth it (not to me anyway). I could go online, but my emotional attachment to the characters aren't strong enough to warrant me paying beyond RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Abominus would be cool to have, and similar to you; I would have gotten the Terrorcons if I could find them all in one place. But if I have to wait for months between wave releases, and go on state-wide Easter egg hunts to get all five; it's not worth it (not to me anyway). I could go online, but my emotional attachment to the characters aren't strong enough to warrant me paying beyond RRP.

I'm hoping the inevitable Takara box set won't be too far from the combined Aussie RRP.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

I'm hoping the inevitable Takara box set won't be too far from the combined Aussie RRP.
    The lackluster availability of PotP Terrorcons brings people together

I think the Terrorcons will eventually be released as a box set, but it's a matter of when. The hint that there's going to be an LG-EX Big Powered to be released under the Legends line, which I previously thought was ending, suggests that Unite Warriors might not be completely dead yet.