Page 127 of 154 FirstFirst ... 107117122123124125126127128129130131132137147 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

LOL that was great!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It seems that Thanos has also taken out half of the DC universe with his finger snap.

#NoBatFleck #NoCavillMan
    I read about that recently.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ake-up-1142306

Well, that sucks. I'll admit, even though BvS and Justice League weren't great movies (far from it), I still think Henry Cavill is the best Superman we've had in years since Christopher Reeve. They just haven't given this newer version of Superman time to develop, unlike RDJ's Iron Man (which has had 10 years to grow). Cavill's version of Superman in MoS and BvS was relatively dark and serious compared to previous Supermen, which I think is an appropriate way of introducing the character. It shows what Superman might have been like in his early days, and that his honorable and polite qualities were things he picked up later with experience. I think if he was portrayed as a noble and idealized person at the start, he'd come off as boring and unrealistic. Worst of all, he might be accused of being another Christopher Reeve clone. This newer version of Superman is different, but still looks and fits the part imo.

As for Batffleck, I'm not too fused about him going. He's too A-list for the role in my opinion. When he appeared in BvS, I couldn't think of him as Bruce Wayne because the fact that he's freaking Ben Affleck totally offset everything. Also, I think he might've taken the role too seriously, like he tried too hard.

Personally I loved Batfleck. Played an older Batman that I have been wanting to see on the big screen.

The fact that Christopher Reeve has played Superman is both good and bad. Good because his portrayal is so well loved, inspiring and subsequently iconic and therein lies the problem; his giant boots are too big to fill.

I love seeing a darker version of Superman as portrayed by Henry Cavill.
    Sadly though, most people are not fans of dark introspection and existentialism as shown by how unpopular goth and metal happens to be.

P.S. I have no problem with Batfleck, after all he didn't taint Batman. Val Kilmer and George Clooney did.

I thought Henry Cavill played a great Superman and following his character development in Justice League (where he became reminiscent of the kind of Superman we were all familiar with at the end) I was really looking forward to seeing a proper sequel to Man of Steel.

With the dropping of Affleck as well (which surprisingly I thought he did a decent job of in BvS, but not so much in JL) I have to admit I will have little invested interest in this DC universe anymore.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Watched The Predator the other night, entertaining in a gory blood splattering way, with a little too much focus on cheap laughs in my opinion. Still enjoyed it but objectively would say that it is nothing ground breaking or anything we haven’t seen before. Introduces some more backstory to the Predators and the score draws from the one in the original movie (which is kind of awesome)
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Watched The Predator the other night, entertaining in a gory blood splattering way, with a little too much focus on cheap laughs in my opinion. Still enjoyed it but objectively would say that it is nothing ground breaking or anything we haven’t seen before. Introduces some more backstory to the Predators and the score draws from the one in the original movie (which is kind of awesome)
    Found it entertaining enough to be placed alongside Predators but you're right, it's not really ground breaking.

P.S. Did you spot the appearance of Gary Busey's son?

Looking forward to venom but expecting to be disappointed

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Me too, AC. It looks like it has the right ingredients, but mmm.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Found it entertaining enough to be placed alongside Predators but you're right, it's not really ground breaking.

P.S. Did you spot the appearance of Gary Busey's son?
    Yeah I agree, although I would probably say I liked the concept of Predators better, to be honest this one felt more like a comedy to me

Yeah I saw him, I remember him from Starship Troopers (which is another cool flick btw - had no idea what it was about when I first saw it and was pleasantly surprised with it. Admittingly I have never looked into any of the sequels though)