Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Walmart Gen1 reissues - Hotrod, Starscream, Devastator, Minibots

Hotrod is now in Canada, which is all of them over there... but the US are still waiting on them to be released.
    It ended up being about AU$40, which probably isn't too bad, despite it being AU$25 the last time it was reissued here about 13 years ago.

Galvatran Guest

Donald Trump closed the borders unfortunately... Hence why not showing up in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I'd hardly call USD9 scalping.
    It's nearly double the price of TakaraTOMY's reissue Minibots (per bot).

Although I don't know what volume Hasbro are producing these toys at. I suspect that they may be more expensive due to being manufactured in smaller numbers. Still, you can still find some Encore reissues (e.g. Devastator) at cheaper prices than these.

Unless you really want to pay extra prices for new cardboard. There may be other variations to the toy though, as can be seen here for Bumblebee. I don't feel like buying more reissues of G1 toys that I already own (and own reissues of as well as G1s) just for variations in the toys and packaging, but if that's your thing then more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hotrod is now in Canada, which is all of them over there... but the US are still waiting on them to be released.
    It ended up being about AU$40, which probably isn't too bad, despite it being AU$25 the last time it was reissued here about 13 years ago.
    It was amazing how very cheaply priced he was back then but he also had the very plain packaging compared to the other reissues. $40 seems about right all things considered.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's nearly double the price of TakaraTOMY's reissue Minibots (per bot).
    You missed the point. It wasn't comparing price of TT reissues. It was squarely about US$9 for Bumblebee & US$8 for the other minibots from the same case assortment.

In any case, I side this this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Yep I'm sorry Griffin I need to side with Galvatran on this one.

I just opened my G1 Starscream, and was delighted to find out there are no eyes on the sticker sheet. They are either EXPERTLY pre-Applied or tamp-graph. Huge improvement on the original
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I just opened my G1 Starscream, and was delighted to find out there are no eyes on the sticker sheet. They are either EXPERTLY pre-Applied or tamp-graph. Huge improvement on the original
    Does it have the oversized crutch missiles or are they normal length?

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    That's basically sold me on getting this. I hate those eye stickers!

Galvatran Guest

I have a giddy feeling we'll see a Hasbro 35th anniversary edition of Optimus Prime in the G1-style box for 2019.

Finally showing up at American Walmart stores are Hotrod and Starscream.

Starscream was about US$35 plus tax... which if it was released here, would end up being about $60-70.