Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Toy Sale 23 July - 6 August

And it was only about 4 years ago when Wesfarmers bought the Coles Group, that they were looking for a buyer for Kmart straight away, because it was the worst performing brand of the Group and they didn't want two department stores competing against each other.

How quickly it all turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    that's no surprise.

i think i was 2-3yrs ago i was in target in the city and i asked the closest employee if they price matched? he proceeded to talk to me in an uppity manner going on about how target was above kmart and bigw and and how they were like the david jones compared to the myer... then he finally told me they didn't price match.

i almost punched that guy... seriously yes or no would have sufficed.
    That's gold. On the same level as DJ's? Hardly.
    The stories i could tell about Target...

Target only managed a meek $136 million in profit, which was down 44% from $244 mil for FY 2012-13, while Kmart increased its profits 28.4% from $268 mil to $344 mil.

Lets see what this year brings.

The Kmart CEO was on the money a few years ago when he said he wanted to reduce the number of products and also bring the prices down on everyday items.

Cheap and serviceable items are now a kmart specialty.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It baffles me that Kmart can make a decent profit. They sell utter garbage now and most things are still cheaper at BigW. Cannot stand Kmart these days.

We really need to support the likes of Target and ESPECIALLY BigW because if they go the way of Kmart, you will not be able to buy anything decent in Australia anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    It baffles me that Kmart can make a decent profit. They sell utter garbage now and most things are still cheaper at BigW. Cannot stand Kmart these days.

We really need to support the likes of Target and ESPECIALLY BigW because if they go the way of Kmart, you will not be able to buy anything decent in Australia anymore.
    I don't have any issue with K Mart, I find I get great service there (tip of hat to Sinner ha ha)

Over the past 12 months, I've found my local Big W and K-Mart have declined in quality while Target has increased. Big W and K-Mart both typically have empty shelves, boxes of product out all over the store, and messy stocking. Target is a neat, tidy store that always appears to be well-stocked. For products I am interested in, Target failed to restock at all for the first four months I was in Australia, while K-Mart and Big W regularly had new stock. However, this changed with toy sale. Target had a very strong toy sale with several products I was interested in, and has remained well-stocked for toys across all lines ever since. K-Mart and Big W did not have any products that interested me outside of Transformers. However, in the months following toy sale I was able to acquire most of the Beast Hunters voyagers from K-Mart and Big W. K-Mart has remained at around the same, basically okay, restocks every so often level since. Big W has got worse, actually reducing the size of their toy section just before Christmas, which surprised me greatly. Target, however, restocks regularly, even when it's the same products, and rarely has empty or messy shelves or aisles. As a result I'm a big fan of Target and hope the store does well in future, whereas I find Big W an incredibly disappointing store to shop in. K-Mart is just okay, not good, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Over the past 12 months, I've found my local Big W and K-Mart have declined in quality while Target has increased. Big W and K-Mart both typically have empty shelves, boxes of product out all over the store, and messy stocking. Target is a neat, tidy store that always appears to be well-stocked. For products I am interested in, Target failed to restock at all for the first four months I was in Australia, while K-Mart and Big W regularly had new stock. However, this changed with toy sale. Target had a very strong toy sale with several products I was interested in, and has remained well-stocked for toys across all lines ever since. K-Mart and Big W did not have any products that interested me outside of Transformers. However, in the months following toy sale I was able to acquire most of the Beast Hunters voyagers from K-Mart and Big W. K-Mart has remained at around the same, basically okay, restocks every so often level since. Big W has got worse, actually reducing the size of their toy section just before Christmas, which surprised me greatly. Target, however, restocks regularly, even when it's the same products, and rarely has empty or messy shelves or aisles. As a result I'm a big fan of Target and hope the store does well in future, whereas I find Big W an incredibly disappointing store to shop in. K-Mart is just okay, not good, not bad.
    I goto Big W, Kmart and Target up in Rocky also. Boxes of stock on the floor at Big W is standard procedure every weekday afternoon as they move stock from the back dock to the floor for nightfill to fill. The nice new Kmart store you guys have up in Rocky could use a tidy up for sure, especially in toys. But it's way better than the old Kmart was. I'd say the reason Rocky's Target is nice and neat is it doesn't seem to get trafficked as much. Always feels a little empty of customers when I go in.

Target is only useful if there's a sale on something. Otherwise I avoid it like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    I don't have any issue with K Mart, I find I get great service there (tip of hat to Sinner ha ha)
    Always a pleasure, good sir

Target is only useful if there's a sale on something. Otherwise I avoid it like the plague.

I am still hoping some Marvel Legends will appear at Target like they did last year. They seemed to sell pretty well, at least in Rocky.
    Yeah, I'd like to see these how up as well. They sold really well at every Target I went to (which was a lot as I was tracking down characters) and I was rather hoping they'd start carrying the line (again). But nope. Sad face.
    Which struck me as odd, as most of the Legends sold out BEFORE the toy sale actually started!!