Thread: More JP Micron redecos coming

Default More JP Micron redecos coming

It won't surprise many to hear that TakaraTomy is producing more redecos of their Microns... with five translucent coloured ones coming out soon.

Each is a different mould and a different colour, but are shown to be combined, so could be released as a set (a price of 3,000yen is mentioned, which is about AU$35 - so would be about right for five Microns).
    I think it says they are out next month.

I never knew there was an Elephant micron?!? I would buy it just for that!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I never knew there was an Elephant micron?!? I would buy it just for that!
    It originally came with Wildrider.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    It originally came with Wildrider.
    Awesome. I'll have to track that one down if I can't track down the recolor
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I'm excited! I want to make more ridiculous weapons.

No wait. It's a promotional campaign thing? "buy 3000 yen worth of Transformers and get a Micron" or something...

I'm less excited now.

I had a suspicion that it was a promo thing, as the translucent versions usually are.

And Wildrider is highly recommended... as it uses the awesome Wheeljack mould with a Wildrider head, and looks a lot better than Hasbro's attempt at a Stunticon (Dead End).

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    No wait. It's a promotional campaign thing? "buy 3000 yen worth of Transformers and get a Micron" or something...

I'm less excited now.
    Yeah, they've done it before w/ the limited exclusive United Microns. But in my experience:
    + This campaign has virtually nil promotion.
    + Staff can sometimes be ill informed about the promotion too.
    When I got Fracas, the store attendant didn't know about campaign and had to look it up (after that it was okay). I had a bit more drama getting Aimless - the attendant had no idea what I was talking about and had to ask her manager, who confirmed that the promotion was legit. Then he came to help the lady - and to get over the 3000JPY mark I was buying a discounted Disney Label Mickey Mouse and a small piece of TF merchandise. The manager told me that these weren't 'actual' Transformer toys and wouldn't qualify me to get the exclusive Micron. He had the terms and condition of the campaign on a piece of paper in front of him, and I pointed out that it actually stated "Transformers" products without actually specifying the nature of the product, and that the things I was trying to buy were fully legitimate products as part of the Transformers brand. The manager conceded and I ended up getting the Micron!

So yeah, unless TakaraTOMY's done something to improve retailers' awareness of this campaign, either you or your contact may have to remind staff that this campaign exists, and possibly point out the T&C of the campaign if they try to invalidate something that you're trying to buy (because I think they want you to buy more of the mainstream action figures, but the T&C never explicitly states this). If you're intending on actually purchasing these Microns from another source, then I guess none of this matters.

Damn. I was hoping it was going to be a five-pack. Them look really cool. I love the Arms Microns.

TakaraTomy have updated their site to give us details of the "Gojou" promotion... and it is similar to previous ones, with different stores getting different Microns.

Ex (red bird from Nemesis Prime) - ToysRUs
    Sen (purple droid from Frenzy/Rumble) - Aion
    Geki (blue elephant from Wild Ride) - Joshin Kids Land & Bic Camera
    Shou (yellow insect from Silas Breakdown) - Edion, Yamada Denki & Yodobashi Camera.
    Go (green shark from Dreadwing) - "National" release.

It means having to spend over 15,000 yen on only GO! toys to get the set - which is over AU$180 in just a short promo period... and it's likely to be a lot more money due to the price points being way over or way under 3000yen. So that's either 5 Voyager toys (4000yen) or 10 Deluxe toys (2400yen), IF, you haven't already been collecting the series already, as there was only one new Deluxe and Ultimate released this week.

Very sneaky... and very difficult. (it's no wonder people charge so much for them - anywhere from $30 to $100 each)

The combined weapon is called the Godenjin sword.
    It's worth noting that these were originally all Decepticon Microns (as they were "beasts"), but in this campaign they are all Autobots.