Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seekers

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    AHA! You should have posted this on the Army building thread too!!
    They're technically not multiples though - they're variants. So I don't think that counts as army building by that thread's standards.

I don't think anyone here's listening so I'm just gonna give it to you all simply. Me do not want japanese- me want hasbro, me can only afford 2 at most and dont want ramjet. Kapiesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I don't think anyone here's listening so I'm just gonna give it to you all simply. Me do not want japanese- me want hasbro, me can only afford 2 at most and dont want ramjet. Kapiesh!
    Dirge and Thrust.

See below:

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Get Dirge and Starscream. You could probably pick them both up for the price of Skywarp.

If you want to rationalise it, both Dirge and Thundercracker are blue so you could say it's the Seekers' uniform... Starscream's is different because he's the leader.
    Looking on eBayAU, there isn't anything you're after listed ATM, so consider this & this because of that; Like it or not the best and most cost effective way of obtaining these figures is via Importation unless someone local is willing to sell you one of theirs, in which case I'll point you to this thread so you can formally seek aid.

And also, which starscream should i get? Universe or classiccs- universe is more accurate but a different mold. Anyone got a good size comparison of generations thundercracker and universe star scream? So- which pair.
    When you say Universe Starscream is a different mould, you mean the toy that is usually called Masterpiece Starscream, which was released in Universe packaging in the West. It's a completely different scale to Generations Thundercracker, and is only useful scale-wise if you want to reenact this:

If you do, and can spare the money, then get it over any other modern Seeker mould - it's a good toy. If not, then just get the cheapest Classics/Universe/Generations seeker you can find that's not a knockoff or Ramjet - they're all basically the same mould so if you don't care which one you have, go by price. It doesn't matter - just get the cheapest.

It's "capisce".

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    When you say Universe Starscream is a different mould, you mean the toy that is usually called Masterpiece Starscream, which was released in Universe packaging in the West. It's a completely different scale to Generations Thundercracker, and is only useful scale-wise if you want to reenact this:

If you do, and can spare the money, then get it over any other modern Seeker mould - it's a good toy. If not, then just get the cheapest Classics/Universe/Generations seeker you can find that's not a knockoff or Ramjet - they're all basically the same mould so if you don't care which one you have, go by price. It doesn't matter - just get the cheapest.

ROFLMFAO for the comic cover. Might actually do that! Thanks for the idea. But still, I might need acouple more cons to make that- BTW, are the re issue g1 insecticons (hasbro) any good. If I recall correctly, theyre the same as G1, but i Just need a quick ehads up if thyre any good at all. thanks guys!

It's "capisce".
    No, that's incorrect- Masterpiece Starscream is not what I'm talking about. ever eard of that mold introduced in 2006 that was redecoed again and again. There wsa nother starscream deco made on the same mould that year (2008) and it was deluxe class Universe starscream. Just for you , I'm gonna give a link- http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Starscream_%28G1%29/toys . Go down to universe and keep scrolling- the universe generation1 figure (also in japan as a 2008 henkei figure) Just wanted to proved who's right here. But you're not, masterpiece was also released in that year- looks like there was a lot of G1 Starscreams in that year. We got henkei, universe, masterpiece, ghost version and so on...
    This is for everyone- not targeting you of course.
    Guys, by the phrase (I dont want to import), I meant: not from somewhere really far away from here such as Japan/ America. I'm happy to get it shipped from somewhere like here in Australia or New Zealand etc. Just wanted to clarify that fro you guys.
    ROFLMFAO on the cover, Might actually do that, but I see one prob in your analysis- Starscream is like 200 times bigger thatn Omega. lol. also peoples, whats your opiniong on the reissue (hasbro) insecticons three pack (lookks sick as) Thanks man!

No, that's incorrect- Masterpiece Starscream is not what I'm talking about. ever eard of that mold introduced in 2006 that was redecoed again and again. There wsa nother starscream deco made on the same mould that year (2008) and it was deluxe class Universe starscream. Just for you , I'm gonna give a link- http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Starscream_%28G1%29/toys . Go down to universe and keep scrolling- the universe generation1 figure (also in japan as a 2008 henkei figure) Just wanted to proved who's right here. But you're not, masterpiece was also released in that year- looks like there was a lot of G1 Starscreams in that year. We got henkei, universe, masterpiece, ghost version and so on...
    Erm... Sky Shadow was responding to your comment, "universe is more accurate but a different mold" -- and Universe Starscream is just a repaint of the same mould as Classics Starscream, whereas Masterpiece Starscream is a different mould and sold in the same "Classics" style packaging as you can see here. You may have meant to say a "different redeco of that mould", but your actual wording was "a different mould," so I can understand how Sky Shadow came to the conclusion that you may have meant Hasbro's Masterpiece Starscream.

Guys, by the phrase (I dont want to import), I meant: not from somewhere really far away from here such as Japan/ America. I'm happy to get it shipped from somewhere like here in Australia or New Zealand etc. Just wanted to clarify that fro you guys.
    Alright, the following Classicsverse Seekers were released in Australian retail:
    + Classics Starscream
    + Classics Skywarp
    + Classics Ramjet (I know you don't want him, but just mentioning)
    + Universe Starscream (repaint of Classics Starscream)
    + Universe Acid Storm
    + Universe Dirge (repaint of Voyager Cybertron Starscream)
    + Generations Thrust
    + Generations Dirge
    + Generations Thundercracker (which you already have)

Other than Thundercracker and Ramjet, which two should you get? I don't know... depends on which ones you like. It's entirely up to you. But those are the ones that were released in Australian retail, so hopefully you can find them domestically.

ROFLMFAO on the cover, Might actually do that, but I see one prob in your analysis- Starscream is like 200 times bigger thatn Omega. lol.
    Well yeah, he is being powered by the Underbase! SCF/HOC Omega Supreme would be close to scale to MP Starscream to recreate that particular moment.

also peoples, whats your opiniong on the reissue (hasbro) insecticons three pack (lookks sick as) Thanks man!
    Meh, I prefer the Takara reissues -- at least they kept the original names (cos Hasbro no longer have the rights to the names Bombshell and Shrapnel). The Takara reissues also came with 3 Energon cubes... I don't think the Hasbro ones did. Neither set were released in Australian retail, so either way you're gonna have to import if you want them (though the Hasbro one is more recent, so may be easier/cheaper to obtain on the secondary aftermarket I guess).

Best option then - Dirge and Thrust - these two are more recent so they would more still flooding the markets of specialty toy shops - local or online and a few odd K-marts restocking so you dont have to pay over price cost. Even on ebay these should cost cheaply since they're more recent. All the rest of the seekers never mind them coz they're pricy as and harder to locate now.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Erm... Sky Shadow was responding to your comment, "universe is more accurate but a different mold" -- and Universe Starscream is just a repaint of the same mould as Classics Starscream, whereas Masterpiece Starscream is a different mould and sold in the same "Classics" style packaging as you can see here. You may have meant to say a "different redeco of that mould", but your actual wording was "a different mould," so I can understand how Sky Shadow came to the conclusion that you may have meant Hasbro's Masterpiece Starscream.
    Yes, it seemed like the only potential interpretation that could glean sense from that first post. It said, "which starscream should i get? Universe or classiccs- universe is more accurate but a different mold. Anyone got a good size comparison of generations thundercracker and universe star scream?" which states that a) they're different moulds and b) different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No leige... you must follow Hasbro's command - "collect them all".

This picture has made me very frightened as I also have all those figures but I have never seen them together like that.

As 'best uses of the mold' samples, I would recommend Classics Thundercracker and Generations Dirge.

For characters, I would recommend Henkei Starscream and Thundercracker

For a balance of both character and best use of the mold - Henkei Starscream and Generations Dirge.
    Last edited by kup; 26th June 2012 at 10:21 AM.