Page 671 of 710 FirstFirst ... 651661666667668669670671672673674675676681691 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Shockwave repeatedly referred to as "SHARK WAVE" - did someone just write that down wrong over the phone? :P
    well with the stresses some American accents put on a word like "Shock" it could sounds like "Shark"

I can just imagine someone with a Texas drawl, "This 'ere is Shaahkwave"

Default Buyer Beware

Doing a bit of searching today for MP's and came across this seller.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...4AAOSwoudW37ND

Has a lot of sought after items, but zero feedback as a seller. Just some cheap positives as a buyer which has been racked up fairly quickly. Then the seller stresses the time it will take for items to get to buyer, pretty much enough time for everyone to pay and him and then to withdraw his money and close accounts.

I could be wrong and there may be some very lucky winners out there today, but I wouldn't touch this one.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Doing a bit of searching today for MP's and came across this seller.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...4AAOSwoudW37ND

Has a lot of sought after items, but zero feedback as a seller. Just some cheap positives as a buyer which has been racked up fairly quickly. Then the seller stresses the time it will take for items to get to buyer, pretty much enough time for everyone to pay and him and then to withdraw his money and close accounts.

I could be wrong and there may be some very lucky winners out there today, but I wouldn't touch this one.
    You are most likely right unfortunately. Feedback is a tough gauge as I've been recently burnt by a good feedback seller of many years who also was confirmed as legit in TFW. Reckon he may have sold his account. In this case, all positive buyer feedback within a week and an emphasis of time it takes to ship multiple times raises that red flag to full mast!

Does anyone know how long until you can withdraw the funds? I seem to have 2 weeks in my head for this.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    You are most likely right unfortunately. Feedback is a tough gauge as I've been recently burnt by a good feedback seller of many years who also was confirmed as legit in TFW. Reckon he may have sold his account. In this case, all positive buyer feedback within a week and an emphasis of time it takes to ship multiple times raises that red flag to full mast!

Does anyone know how long until you can withdraw the funds? I seem to have 2 weeks in my head for this.
    I'm not sure with new users but with my paypal account if someone makes a payment through e-bay it is instant, I can withdraw straight away and it takes max three business days to show up in my bank account.
    Even if you were a new user you could still set it all up including verification with a temporary mobile number to paypal if the system didn't take into consideration time with account.

It would be interesting to know how it is set up for new users, but to be honest there would be many out there who know how to get around it, and with this dude who sells 2 - 3K's worth of stuff in a short period you could clean up pretty easily.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I'm not sure with new users but with my paypal account if someone makes a payment through e-bay it is instant, I can withdraw straight away and it takes max three business days to show up in my bank account.
    Even if you were a new user you could still set it all up including verification with a temporary mobile number to paypal if the system didn't take into consideration time with account.

It would be interesting to know how it is set up for new users, but to be honest there would be many out there who know how to get around it, and with this dude who sells 2 - 3K's worth of stuff in a short period you could clean up pretty easily.
    Paypal introduced a new measure a little while ago for users with selling feedback under a certain amount (like 20 or something.) It wasn't based on time or amount sold. Only selling feedback. Paypal held the funds for 21 days before releasing it into the users Paypal account. There was a big uproar about it, so not sure If they back-peddled or not.

Following on from this, the person who "won" the MP10 Eva auction is a TCCA member and he apparently got a refund but the strange bit is the seller refunded the money stating that his PayPal had exceeded a limit and they could continue the transaction using another PayPal account. He wisely did not do so. Find this interesting though as this does sound dodgy but does doing a runner from one PayPal account from an eBay transaction differ from doing a runner with another PayPal account not linked to the transaction? eBay and PayPal are now separate entities so maybe easier to pull a dodgy without the eBay transaction? When I had to a claim recently it started off with PayPal but was redirected to eBay to lodge the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Found this in my Instagram feed (and also on TFW2005)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/152005311958...649&rmvSB=true

Transformers The Movie Original production storyboards Full set 1000 pages. Man this thing is an awesome piece of history! I hope whoever wins takes the time to upload it at some stage
    Went for $16,100 USD

I would love to have this but that is way overpriced. Some people have too much money.

Congratulations to the seller though. He'd be cheering!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Went for $16,100 USD

I would love to have this but that is way overpriced. Some people have too much money.

Damn! I had no idea it would go for that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Went for $16,100 USD

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Damn! I had no idea it would go for that much.
    Oh wow, that is beautiful :O I want it

Movie memorabillia always attracts a premium price, so $16K is hardly surprising. I'd give my firstborn for an original movie cel though.