Page 133 of 154 FirstFirst ... 113123128129130131132133134135136137138143153 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

I watched Venom on my flight from Singapore to Amsterdam. Glad I didn’t pay to see it at the cinemas. It wasn’t as god awful as I feared, but just compares very poorly to the wonderful films Marvel Studios have given us. The characters just seem dull and unlikeable. At least they got the feel of the symbiote closer to the source material than Spiderman 3. It felt like a throwback to the late 90’s - early 2000 Marvel films we got.

I watched Starship Troopers for the first time in like 15 years last night. While it has aged a tiny bit, damn it holds up well, especially the CGI. I mean, no one watched that movie for the acting but it’s just such an awesome ride.

So are any of the sequels any good? Or should I just avoid them?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I’ve only watched Starship Troopers 2 which was awful. I’ve heard the subsequent sequels are better.

Aquaman. Not as good as wonderwoman but better than anything else from DC. Over the top on a couple of occasions. Strangely no other super heroes come to the aid of the land lubbers. 5 or 6/10.

There are seven groups. The dead, the black creatures, fish people, crab people, atlantis, similar to atlantis and one other. Who are the last group?

There is a set up in the credits.

I rewatched Alien (1979) on Sunday night.

It's a movie I enjoy more and more with every viewing. The set design on it is amazing.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I rewatched Alien (1979) on Sunday night.

It's a movie I enjoy more and more with every viewing. The set design on it is amazing.
    Yeah watched it countless times when i was a kid, with mom, with siblings. Lately with my wife did a marathon of the alien trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I’ve only watched Starship Troopers 2 which was awful. I’ve heard the subsequent sequels are better.
    2 was rubbish. The third i can only recall watching once, but is way better. Some of the original cast were back.

OK, I just finished Wonder Woman, and...honestly, it wasn't that great.
    I mean, it was way better than anything else DC Movieverse I've seen, but that's damning with faint praise.
    Bits of it were really well done, in fact most of the individual scenes were either good or very good, but somehow it felt really disjointed and just didn't mesh together into a coherent Really Good whole.
    JMO.

Spiderman spiderverse. Hated some of the animation as it was blurry and thought i missed out on my 3d glasses yet it wasnt in 3d. Story was good, the way it was told was good just needed better animations at certain points. Would be a solid 7/10 if not for the animation lapses.

Dragons 3. Great way to end the trilogy. Sorta ends the way you expect it to. Rate it a 6-7/10. Think spiderman is a better story but dragons has had two extra movies so there is meant to be that extra background info.

No one had any issies with the animations of spiderverse?