Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 253540414243444546474849505565 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Hmm, that feeling when you know there's a toy somewhere in the cupboard that you want to get to but can't be arsed moving everything around to get to it...

I've often wondered what the gods and goddesses of Olympus would look like if they were modelled after modern people. The reason why we imagine them looking like Ancient Greeks and Romans wearing togas and sandals is because that's simply what people looked like and dressed back in those days. Imagine if this story (well, it was actually a proper religion) existed today - what would these gods & goddesses look like? Here's what I imagine they might look like...

* Zeus/Jupiter: King of the Gods, a president
    * Hera/Juno: Queen of the Gods, a chancellor
    * Poseidon/Nepture: god of the seas, a ship's captain. Forget tridents, he's got a railgun!
    * Demeter/Ceres: goddess of nature, an ecologist
    * Athena/Minerva: goddess of wisdom, a scientist
    * Apollo: god of poetry, music and arts, a performer
    * Artemis/Diana: goddess of the hunt, a huntress
    * Ares/Mars: god of war, a pilot. Why go to war with a sword & shield when you can bring a supersonic jet fighter?!
    * Aphrodite/Venus: goddess of love and beauty, a beautician
    * Hephaestus/Vulcan: craftsman of the gods, an engineer
    * Hermes/Mercury: god of communication & commerce, an IT worker
    * Hestia/Vesta: goddess of the home, a real estate agent

FatalityPitt Guest

I was reading this article, and I was thinking to myself; gosh, some people have way too much power, money and importance for what they're actually worth. I get that Johnny Depp is the face of a multi-billion dollar movie franchise, but it's amazing how much he can get away with, and how far people are willing to bend over to accommodate him.

I might be in the minority here, but I think Jack Sparrow is a bit of a tired joke, and it wouldn't be a huge loss if they killed off the character and replaced him. It's not called "The Jack Sparrow show". Sure, some people might scream and cry like they did in 1986 when Optimus Prime died, but Optimus Prime was a respectable role-model, whereas Sparrow is just a crook with too much plot armour.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've often wondered what the gods and goddesses of Olympus would look like if they were modelled after modern people. The reason why we imagine them looking like Ancient Greeks and Romans wearing togas and sandals is because that's simply what people looked like and dressed back in those days. Imagine if this story (well, it was actually a proper religion) existed today - what would these gods & goddesses look like? Here's what I imagine they might look like...

* Zeus/Jupiter: King of the Gods, a president
    * Hera/Juno: Queen of the Gods, a chancellor
    * Poseidon/Nepture: god of the seas, a ship's captain. Forget tridents, he's got a railgun!
    * Demeter/Ceres: goddess of nature, an ecologist
    * Athena/Minerva: goddess of wisdom, a scientist
    * Apollo: god of poetry, music and arts, a performer
    * Artemis/Diana: goddess of the hunt, a huntress
    * Ares/Mars: god of war, a pilot. Why go to war with a sword & shield when you can bring a supersonic jet fighter?!
    * Aphrodite/Venus: goddess of love and beauty, a beautician
    * Hephaestus/Vulcan: craftsman of the gods, an engineer
    * Hermes/Mercury: god of communication & commerce, an IT worker
    * Hestia/Vesta: goddess of the home, a real estate agent
    I think Bill Clinton would be a better representation of Zeus?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I deliberately steered away from using real politicians. I've used photos of actors parodying Obama and Merkel for Zeus and Merkel. I also used leaders from two different countries to avoid making it "Yankocentric."

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Hah the whole "sleep with your wife" thing

Naught naughty public servant...

Can't wait to see what comes from this.
    "No, I didn't suspect my son was doing anything illegal."
    "How many private jets does he own?"
    "2. Don't all 30 year olds have 2 private jets?"

He is sooooooo screwed.

I agree... how could the father not know or be suspicious about his son's massive wealth. He must have known something or else he wouldn't have been arrested as well, along with his daughter too - it's like the whole family was in on it.

Most of that $185 million of tax-payer money will never be recovered either.
    That's a huge amount to go missing without being noticed until now.

That massive figure is the sort of money that State and Federal Governments here would be salivating over just to fund services or buy votes (most election projects politicians announce that benefit thousands are $100 million or less)... and a small number of people were using it to buy up 18 properties, 25 cars, 2 planes, and many millions more just lying around in cash.

He has been charged, not arrested, as a result of abusing his position of public office. The abuse being that he allegedly approached two senior ATO officers that were conducting the audit and tried to effectively broker a deal to stop the investigation. Those 2 ato officers have also been stood down (presumably for failing to report his approach to them).

Reminds me of my favourite G1 Megatron cartoon quote: "You're either lying or you're stupid." (Triple Takeover)

It also speaks volumes about Cranston's skills are a parent (or lack thereof) to have raised a son like that. He must be proud.