Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BotBots officially revealed

A commercial has been found on Vimeo for Botbots... with a jingle that explains where the name comes from - Here a bot, there a bot, everywhere a botbot.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Less like an advert and more an into to a new cartoon.

I like it.

These things are awesome.
    I'm staying away though, I'll definitely end up poorer.

Some new Botbots have been found (on the Australian part of the Hasbro website)... with what appears to be colour-change paint apps, on just two of them.
    The new 5-packs could be a store-exclusive set because aside from the two new moulds that have the colour-change paint, all of the rest are redecos... and the two new moulds are in every 5-pack, which would mean half of the Botbots in this set would be duplicates.

The two new teams are Bakery Bytes and Lawn League. With no other teams included in these 5-packs (like in the first series), these are not likely to be part of Series 2, which should be another 60+ figures.

I now have a batch of these.

I could only find the 5 and 8 packs, which I haven't opened yet but up close they look a lot better quality than I had originally thought. Looks like I'll try and complete the set instead of cherry picking my favourites.

A new listing in Canada for Botbots has been found called, "Grand Opening Surprise" for about AU$35.
    No content details or images, but the packaging is said to be about 30cm by 30cm, with a depth that suggests it is the same as the 5 and 8 packs, just bigger.

Based on the price, it wouldn't have more than 10 Botbots. It is listed as being a kilogram, so maybe it is just a small number of Botbots, that are packaged with a buildable display case (like the shopping mall in some of the promotional images).

There is going to be a Transformer named Must Turd.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some new Botbots have been found (on the Australian part of the Hasbro website)... with what appears to be colour-change paint apps, on just two of them.
    The new 5-packs could be a store-exclusive set because aside from the two new moulds that have the colour-change paint, all of the rest are redecos... and the two new moulds are in every 5-pack, which would mean half of the Botbots in this set would be duplicates.

The two new teams are Bakery Bytes and Lawn League. With no other teams included in these 5-packs (like in the first series), these are not likely to be part of Series 2, which should be another 60+ figures.

Someone somewhere has managed to get one of the new packs, and the enclosed checklist (posted here) is the one you get with the first series packs, but with an extra bit at the bottom that has the 13 new figures from Bakery Bytes and Lawn League.... and notes that series 1 now has 74 figures, not 61.

Still no word where these are going to be released, or when... particularly now that we have moved onto series 2 (globally), with the green packs now out here and in America.

A new listing in Canada for Botbots has been found called, "Grand Opening Surprise" for about AU$35.
    No content details or images, but the packaging is said to be about 30cm by 30cm, with a depth that suggests it is the same as the 5 and 8 packs, just bigger.

Based on the price, it wouldn't have more than 10 Botbots. It is listed as being a kilogram, so maybe it is just a small number of Botbots, that are packaged with a buildable display case (like the shopping mall in some of the promotional images).

For those that didn't pick up on this in the other topic, the Grand Opening Surprise pack ended up being the 16-pack Arcade Renegades that we saw at the Melbourne Toyfair, and was in the official press release at the New York Toyfair.

Someone somewhere has managed to get one of the new packs, and the enclosed checklist (posted here) is the one you get with the first series packs, but with an extra bit at the bottom that has the 13 new figures from Bakery Bytes and Lawn League.... and notes that series 1 now has 74 figures, not 61.

Still no word where these are going to be released, or when... particularly now that we have moved onto series 2 (globally), with the green packs now out here and in America.
    TFW just did a promotional write up on Season 2 after they got a gift pack from Hasbro. Should have all the wave info you need... apart from well, release dates and location.

For those that didn't pick up on this in the other topic, the Grand Opening Surprise pack ended up being the 16-pack Arcade Renegades that we saw at the Melbourne Toyfair, and was in the official press release at the New York Toyfair.
    Ooh man I want that pack so bad.

Coming out September 24th is a guide book for Botbots, but don't get as excited as I was when I first heard about it, as it is only 48 pages, only covers the first two series (123 Botbots), and focuses more on the 500 stickers that come with it than the actual toys (it is actually called a "sticker" book, not a "guide" book).
    It is US$10, and can be seen here on Amazon.