Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Molds?

Default Lost Molds?

I've heard a few times in my recent return to collecting that there was an infamous fire at some Takara facility (or something like that) that resulted in the loss of some very key molds, thus greatly reducing the odds of them ever being reissued. I've tried to find more info at the wiki unsuccessfully. Can anyone point me in the right direction for more info and/or identify which molds are reputed to have been lost?

I've heard (among others I can't recall) that the Dinobots and G1 Devastator are lost.

By the end of the year if we don't have a Devastator reissue i will be very surprised as he is in the new TF movie and that's how the Encore line started.
    I also believe Skids will be reissued soon as will Sideswipe.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    By the end of the year if we don't have a Devastator reissue i will be very surprised as he is in the new TF movie and that's how the Encore line started.
    That's the exact discussion some friends and I were having when someone pointed out the mold wasn't available. I'd be extremely surprised and disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for more info and/or identify which molds are reputed to have been lost?
    Mirage, Wheeljack and Sunstreaker's moulds have been specifically identified as too damaged or destroyed to be worth reissuing.

Expanding on what Sky Shadow said...

Confirmed to be lost:
    - Grimlock
    - Slag
    - Sludge
    - Snarl
    - Swoop
    - Mirage

Rumored to be lost:
    - Original Rattrap
    - Sunstreaker
    - Constructicons

Broken moulds
    - Soundwave (they retool Soundblaster to reissue him now)
    - Wheeljack

Source: Moulds page on TF wiki

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Expanding on what Sky Shadow said...

Confirmed to be lost:
    - Grimlock
    - Slag
    - Sludge
    - Snarl
    - Swoop
    - Mirage

Rumored to be lost:
    - Original Rattrap
    - Sunstreaker
    - Constructicons

Broken moulds
    - Soundwave (they retool Soundblaster to reissue him now)
    - Wheeljack

Source: Moulds page on TF wiki
    Thanks for those details. I was just about to ask if anyone knew what moulds were confirmed to be lost or destroyed, lol.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The Encore line has proven to me that I was right to have faith in the TF gods!

People said Omega Supreme and Metroplex would never get reissued! But they were wrong! I have a dream... I believe one day we WILL see the Constructicons reissued! We WILL see Grimlock reissued! We WILL see Shockwave reissued! I have a dream!

preach it Robzy!

Thanks, this was exactly what I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    This is the page I was looking for. I tried searching all sorts of things but all the terms were too generic.

I don't know the english term to describe this laxness in both management and personnel with regards in saving the molds as it is part of their business, but in Filo all I can say is these people are so "BURARA".

I thought the Constructicons werent lost molds before since they made them during G2. I just thought the reason they didn't want to reissue them is because Hastak don't wanna compete with the tons of KO's that were part of the first wave that proliferated the market.

Wonder what process (red tape, tax) and how much monetary value would it take for them (HasTakTom) to retromold these lost ones, since the KOers seem to be able to do so with ease? They did it for Jazz the first time didn't they? Surely with all the figures floating around (KO and otherwise) still it's not that hard for a global toy mega company to achieve what a garage KOer can....

They keep saying to us its expensive to do a remold, but then how much of this is true and how much is all just because were too lazy to do so and are just as Cobra commander puts it...

"Lies, Lies! Insubstantiated fantasies, LIIEEESssss"
    Last edited by liegeprime; 7th March 2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]