Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther

Very cool looking MP, but will be passing on it.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Listing up at RK -- US$64.90:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp34s.html

Me thinks MP Beast Wars Ravage will/would be a retool of the MP Transmetal Cheetor toy, not the original.

http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/tmjaguar.php

^Oh that's right, he showed up late in season 2. I always think of him as season one for some stupid reason. So many continuities and episodes to keep straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Me thinks MP Beast Wars Ravage will/would be a retool of the MP Transmetal Cheetor toy, not the original.

Arent all black repaints meant to be Ravage? Im sure they retconned this guy chinthinkingemoji

From someone who loves black repaints, Im just not feeling this one.
    Maybe if the yellow was teal... And that silver chrome... dont quite like it.

Looks great, only thing I'm disappointed with is the lead time; August is a bit rough for a repaint

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Arent all black repaints meant to be Ravage? Im sure they retconned this guy chinthinkingemoji
    Sooort of... This toy was made available as an online exclusive via HasbroCollectors.com. At first it was sold as Shadow Panther and retained his original persona which is not Ravage. They even posted an English translation of the tech specs which was the translation that I wrote back in 1997! A couple of months later Hasbro wanted to rename the toy Ravage, but they'd lost the trademark at the time so they called it Tripredacus Agent, but the English bio remained unchanged.

So... if you bought the toy from HasbroCollectors.com, and if it was later on after they'd changed the online name to "Tripredacus Agent," and if you accept that the name change is meant to be Ravage (despite the lack of change to the bio)... then I guess it might count as Ravage to you.

I think it's easier to just say that it's NOT Ravage.
    Transmetal 2 Tripredacus Agent is definitely Ravage though, and as Paulbot said, the retool of Transmetal Cheetor makes more sense as an MP BW Ravage. Especially given that even the TV show CG model for Ravage was a modification of TM Cheetor's CG model!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Looks great, only thing I'm disappointed with is the lead time; August is a bit rough for a repaint
    It seems they want dinobot released first before this guy, but what are we expecting after feb with target master hotrod? Reissues?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I'd get this with a ravage head and twin pistols. Surely a 3rd party got this covered
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime