Page 44 of 120 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Gut feeling is it's nearly always Lord Zarak in the Marvel comics, and a quick flick through some trades backs that up. And reminds me he was also Mr Z of the Z Foundation.

There's a couple of Nebulans in the Marvel comic with the title Peer, and one Dr, but otherwise no sign of any character with human style name formations that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's a couple of Nebulans in the Marvel comic with the title Peer, and one Dr, but otherwise no sign of any character with human style name formations that I can see.
    Hi-Test and Hi-Q might be the closest. (As in, closest to a first name, surname kind of thing. Unless 'Hi' is some kind of Nebulan scientist title.)

You know, if Hi is a family name, and Hi-Test is actually Hi-Q's son, that adds a new dimension to that story that actually makes it work a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You know, if Hi is a family name, and Hi-Test is actually Hi-Q's son, that adds a new dimension to that story that actually makes it work a bit better.
    Or they could be competitive siblings.

Hi-Q does introduce Hi-Test as his "partner", so maybe it's another type of relationship...

Don't forget:
    * their gregarious cousin, Hi-There.
    * the uncle who's in the Nebulan Navy, Hi-Tide.
    * the aunt who never punctual, Hi-Time.
    * the nephew who thinks he's a cowboy, Hi-Noon.
    * the village orphan girl, Hi-D.
    * their father who's a road engineer, Hi-Way, and his kleptomaniac twin brother, Hi-Wayman.
    * the one who can be only one, Hi-Lander.
    * Nebulos' equivalent of James Packer, Hi-Flyer.
    * their mother with a superiority complex, Hi-Ness.
    * their baby niece who always likes to join the family at the table, Hi-Chair.
    * the one who's in gaol and is never allowed on aircraft, Hi-Jack.
    * the niece who likes to cover everything in bright fluoro, Hi-Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Of all the times I've seen that image of the odd coloured prototypes (with blue/red Seaspray, white Powerglide, white Astrotrain), I never realised that the three seeker jets were the first year bodies (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker) with the second year wings attached (Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet).
    I knew about the Thrust, because it was so obvious in jet mode, but I just never noticed the wings on the other two in robot mode were also from second year seekers. (until reading that article and seeing the character art for each)
    Maybe they had the new wings sculpted, but hadn't settled on a new colour scheme for the jets at the time of that photo being taken and the art being done... so just stuck them on the first year toys. Or it was originally planned that way, but later changed because the robots modes looked too similar to the first year robots from the front.

Now it makes me wonder if FunPub will do the other two to match Nacelle (Thrust/Thundercracker), now that I know about the other two (Dirge/Skywarp and Ramjet/Starscream).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now it makes me wonder if FunPub will do the other two to match Nacelle (Thrust/Thundercracker), now that I know about the other two (Dirge/Skywarp and Ramjet/Starscream).
    I'd say that there's a very strong chance that they will, now that they've opened the door with Nacelle.
    Is that a new configuration for the Seekers? It appears to be a repaint of the Games of Deception Thrust with the Starscream nosecone/head

I hadn't read this before, but...
    From the description of the SDCC G1-coloured AoE Dinobots set:
    Deep beneath Mount St. Hilary, from the command center inside Autobot headquarters, Grimlock orders his Dinobots to attack! They emerge from the primordial sludge, charging forward to swoop down on the Decepticons with a terrifying snarl and the sheer will to turn the toughest Decepticon into slag.
    That's actually pretty clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I hadn't read this before, but...
    From the description of the SDCC G1-coloured AoE Dinobots set:That's actually pretty clever.
    Me too.
    When I first read it, I thought it was a last chance nod by the designers at their original names, now that three don't appear to officially exist anymore.